With the first official day of fall just around the corner, it’s time to darken up our manicures. Who doesn’t love a deep, rich nail color? Here are a few of our all time FAVE fall hues:
If you’re like us, you really put on the color during spring and summer months. Let’s face it, we live in neutrals the rest of the year (ask L about her black v-neck sweater…)
With all of this color being worn we need a solid, natural manicure to avoid clashing (the horror.) Here are some nude hues we’re feeling:
What polish are you wearing this summer?Continue Reading
Happy Friday! This weekend, J’s doing a trial run for wedding hair and makeup (EEEK!) and L’s working in the retail game, but we’re both going to make time to watch a little of the Masters and sip an Azalea Cocktail. In the meantime, take a few minutes to check out these links to stuff we love.
What are you loving today?Continue Reading
In case you hadn’t noticed, we’re heading into the holiday season – that wonderful/stressful time of year when there’s something to do and somewhere to go every.single.night. Behold, our top five tips for looking and being your best at a party. You’re going to need them!
Now, bring on the parties! Hope your weekend is fabulous.Continue Reading
top and skirt: bcbgeneration at social statesboro // blazer (buy here, also seen here, and similar here), pumps and sunglasses: social statesboro // bag: tory burch, also seen here // nails: essie tart deco
We couldn’t decide which way we liked this top best: tucked in or out. Normally we’re tucking in, but we really like the flowy lines created when left untucked. Which look do you like best?
My March Birchbox arrived last week, and I must say it was one of my favorites to date. I was beyond excited to try every product. Let’s get down to it, shall we?
1. Macadamia Natural Oil™ Deep Repair Masque: This product is *perfect* for thick, long hair like mine. Smells great and left my hair feeling silky smooth after one use. Recommend.
2. Macadamia Natural Oil™ Healing Oil Treatment: Want to cut your drying time and have soft, shiny hair? This product is for you! Mix with the Repair masque for ever more amazing results.
3. Madewell for Birchbox Nail Emery Board: It is well-documented that L and I are pretty obsessed with doing our nails, so you can image how psyched I was to see this super cute emery board in my box! Every girl needs a “purse file.”
4. Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow: Y’all. I’ve sampled several BB creams since they became a trend, and I can honestly say this is the best. Goes on weightless and smooth, and leaves you with flawless skin. Just try it.
5. Stella Cadente Miss Me Discrete? Eau de Toilette: This fresh-out-of-the-shower scent is really nice, but I wish it lasted longer.
6. Supergoop!® Endless Summer SPF 30+ Everyday UV Lotion: I had heard *great* things about Supergoop!, so I was uber-excited when it showed up in my Birchbox. The non-greasy formula has a high degree of photo-stability, which means that it can withstand strong solar rays. This is what I NEED for long days on the lake.
So tell us…what was in your Birchbox this month!? Tweet or Instagram us at @glitter_blog_xo.
Want to get your very own Birchbox every month? Click here.Continue Reading
If you’re like L and me, you love to get creative with your nail polish but you don’t have the time (or the cash) to hop into the nail salon every week for a manicure. We are definitely advocates of the DIY home mani BUT regular polish chips after a few days. So what’s a glitter girl to do?
Thanks to my coworker Amber, let me share how to get the same shiny, long-lasting results of a professional gel manicure right in the comfort of your own home. The key ingredient:
It’s not a quick process, but the results (and $$ you save!) are totally worth it. All you need is Gelous Nail Gel by ACI, the nail color of your choice (any brand), and a fast-drying top coat.
Here are the steps:
1. Apply two coats of Gelous, leaving a few minutes of dry time in between.
2. Add a layer of your polish (shown here: Tart Deco by Essie).
3. Apply one more layer of Gelous.
4. Apply a second coat of your polish.
5. Apply a fast-drying top coat. We love Good to Go by Essie.
My mani has lasted over a WEEK with no chips. Can’t beat that! Removal is simple: just use acetone polish remover.
What do you think, ladies? Will you be running out to grab Gelous on your lunch break? L is. I promise, it’s the best $5.99 you’ll ever spend.Continue Reading
Hi Hi Hi!
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! We definitely have a love/hate relationship with this time change… See how we spent our low-key weekends:
What were y’all up to this weekend? Share your pics with us on Twitter and Instagram @glitter_blog_xo.
Copyright © 2017 Brooklyn. All rights reserved.