Mmmmonday. Need a quick and easy idea for dinner tonight? Upgrade your usual grilled cheese sandwich to this summer-y pesto, artichoke and havarti version by Two Peas and Their Pod, one of our fave food blogs. Use prepared pesto if you don’t feel like making your own Spinach Basil Pesto. This is just as easy as the classic you loved growing up but wayyyy more sophisticated and flavorful.
Pesto, Artichoke and Havarti Grilled Cheese by Two Peas and Their Pod
What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices whole-grain bread (such as Eureka! Organic Bread)
- 4 tablespoons Spinach Basil Pesto or prepared pesto
- 4 slices Arla Dofino® Creamy Havarti (or 4 ounces, grated)
- 2/3 cup sliced artichoke hearts (from jar or can, drained)
- Sea salt, for sprinkling on sandwich
What You Do:
- Butter the outsides of the bread. Spread the insides of the bread slices evenly with pesto. Put a slice of Havarti on the bottom piece of bread, add artichoke hearts, and top with another slice of Havarti. Place the other piece of bread on top, creating a sandwich.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle pan over medium-low heat and place the sandwiches butter side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt and the bread is golden brown. Carefully flip the sandwich over and cook for an additional about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with sea salt. Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately.