‘Tis the season for a bathroom + product overhaul and this is the weekend to stock up… it’s tax-free weekend in Georgia! Here are some items we’re currently coveting. ATTN: Chipotle fans. There’s a little something special in here for you!
1. Amika Blow Up Spray: As you know, L and I had the chance to try several amika products when we were in Vegas last month. Love. And the Blow Up Spray is no different. Lift your roots with this delicious smelling spray. After all, the higher the hair, closer to God.
2. Eyeko Black Magic Mascara: Loving the curved shape of this mascara wand! Glides on just perfectly. BONUS: Eyeko conditions your lashes .
3. RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer: I received the color “delirium” and wasn’t too sure I loved. It is surprisingly a really pretty shade of purple once i put it on my hands. Highly recommend for a fun pop of color.
Moroccanoil has made its mark on the world with innovative and revitalizing hair care products. Everyone has fallen in love, including us.
1. hydrating shampoo: perk up your dry summer strands with antioxidant-rich argan oil, Vitamins A and E and red algae—for hair that looks and feels healthier.
2. moisture repair conditioner: color, chemical processing and heat styling can really take a toll on your hair. use this conditioner to infuse hair with antioxidant-rich argan oil, reconstructive keratin and fatty acids.
3. restorative hair mask: this product came highly recommended by j’s hairstylist and now we know why. this once a week treatment quickly repairs hair that’s weak, damaged or color-treated.
4. moroccanoil treatment: this started it all! argon oil- a versatile and multitasking product. it is an essential for hairstyling that can be used as a conditioning, styling and finishing tool. it even speeds up drying time!
5. luminous hairspray: we have both been using this spray for quite some time. fights frizz and humidity. it’s not sticky. smells amazing. a must have.
What are your go-to Moroccanoil products? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo.
1. Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect: Used this de-tangler/ UV shield combined with “It’s a 10 Plus Keratin,” and my hair feels like silk. The smell alone is glorious. I think I’ll toss this in my pool bag for post-swim hair.
2. DDF® Acne Control Treatment: I love a good spot treatment I can keep in my purse for emergencies (you know it happens…). This will replace my Murad – the smell is WAY more tolerable.
4. Benefit it’s potent! eye cream: This eye cream has been sitting in my shopping cart for a month, but I didn’t want to pull the trigger before trying it. You can imagine how THRILLED I was to find a mini in my Birchbox. Y’all. This stuff works. You can see and feel the results. Totally purchasing the full-size ASAP.
5. Birchbox Bobby Pins: Adorable. 100%. A little thicker than my usual hair pins, but way more fun.
What was in your Birchbox this month? Not a member? Click here to sign up!
“So excited about April’s Birchbox! Let’s get into it!:
Atelier Cologne, Orange Sanguine.
I wasn’t too sure about this one just because I am not big on reeeeally citrus-y (that’s a word right?!) scents. But I was so wrong! It smells wonderful! And a big plus that I always look for in a scent? It lasts the whole day without needing to re-apply! Win-win right? This particular scent is very concentrated so you only need a little dab and you are good to go.
I LOVE anything Kiehl’s. AND since I am now in my last year of my 20’s (eek!) I have found myself starting to freak out about lines and wrinkles so I was so excited about this product. It is packed with vitamin C which apparently not only helps me kick colds to the curb but is great for smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. Yay!
Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixer.
Okay, how did Birchbox know I wanted this?? As an avid flat-ironer, curling iron user, hair color-er, my hair is always in need of extra moisture! I may just have to purchase the full size on this one…
Mirenesse Glossy Kiss.
Lipstick pencils are my new obsession and this one is awesome! It is a mix between a lip stain and a creamy balm. Mine came in the perfect shade of red (called, “Flirty Kiss”) and I can’t wait to wear it out this weekend during my mini-getaway to San Diego! It glides on SO smooth and feels very moisturizing. Bonus: it can double as a cheek stain! I don’t know if I would use red for my cheeks, but the pink color they make (“Cheeky Kiss”) would be adorbs! The one downside? It’s not very long lasting on the lips. BUT it is the perfect little skinny size to fit in my clutch for re-application throughout the night!
Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-on
Not only is this an amazing product at a great price that you can pick up at your local drugstore, but it really works! I just swipe it under each eye, let it absorb and go on with my morning beauty routine! It reduces puffiness AND softens. I love how it rolls on smooth and I think my favorite thing about it is that it doesn’t have any harsh perfume scent to it. Just clean and refreshing! It is just what I need when wedding planning has kept me up all night and I only get 4 hours of sleep!”
And there we have it! What was in your April Birchbox? Tweet/Instagram us! @glitter_blog_xo.
This week has been total madness. J has had a bazillion work meetings & tried to get to the gym in the interim; L has been doing everything from shipping orders to ordering inventory to hosting a trunk show (more on that next week!). So thank you, Friday, for showing up on time. We’re looking forward to putting our work aside and trying some new things this weekend! Here’s what we’re thinking:
2. Nails: Ease into spring with a bright, fun mani! (And glitter, naturally.)
3. Fun Recipe: It will be warming up in Atlanta this weekend (finally). Sixty-five and sunny = patio lunch/dinner. So glad the Brown Eyed Baker is sharing ninety-five of her favorite spring recipes. Why not try 1, 5, or 10?
4. New Necklace: Speaking of a pop of color, why not shop for something to add a little pizazz to the basic chambray shirt you’ll be wearing all spring? 31 Bits is a socially-minded jewelry business giving women in Northern Uganda an opportunity to counter poverty by making jewelry. The “beads” on these beautiful necklaces are handmade using recycled paper. Thanks to 31 Bits, these women who make these necklaces now have access to English lessons, finance training, AIDS and health training, and more. We can’t think of a better way to update your wardrobe.
My November Birchbox arrived last week chock full of goodies. As always, I’ve tested everything and am totally ready to share with you. (If you’re unfamiliar with Birchbox, read here.)
Mox Botanicals Lip Butter: This super-hydrating lip butter is out of this world. The pomegranate & fig flavor (a Birchbox exclusive!) is just right and not overpowering. Plus, I totally heart the packaging.
Lulu Organics: Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder: L and I are pretty much experts in the dry shampoo department, so when I tell you that this hair powder smells amazing and totally disappears upon application…well, you just better believe me. Facts are facts.
IT’S FRIDAY! And you know what that means… Here’s what we’re feeling this weekend, glitter girls:
Between the daily workplace grind, body-clock adjustment (or lack thereof) due to daylight savings time and election night craziness, we are SO looking forward to this weekend. As usual, we have a packed schedule…but we’re going to make time (somehow) for a little at-home pampering. Here’s what we’re planning:
1. DIY Face Mask: I mean we love the spa as much as any girls, but sometimes it’s just not possible in terms of schedule or budget. This easy facial treatment can be whipped up in two minutes flat, and we’re betting you already have these ingredients on hand. Fix a cucumber water, smear this on your face, and relax for a few minutes. Adapted from Beauty Banter.
Honey/ Lemon Mask Recipe: Squeeze 1/2 a lemon (organic is always better) into a bowl, add 2 tbsp of honey (organic, raw, natural if possible). Mix with a spoon until you reach a liquid consistency. Apply to a clean face, avoiding eye area. Make sure that your hair is pulled back away from your face, or you’ll end up with a sticky mess. Leave on for 15-20 min and rinse off.
2. Spa-Grade Exfoliation: Follow your DIY face mask with a round of gentle exfoliation courtesy of this handy gadget.
J and I have used Clarisonics for years (true story), and we are totally crushing on this leopard print version. It’s like a soothing, deep-cleaning spa-quality treatment…without the price.
3. Stress-Relieving Yoga: Whether you’ve had a rough week or just a rough Friday night, this super quick (only ten minutes!) video takes you through easy, gentle yoga poses designed to de-stress your mind and rejuvenate your body. Ommmmmmm.
4. Homemade Chai Tea Mix: Yeah, yeah we heart Starbucks…but sometimes it’s nice to whip up a comforting treat at home (in pajamas). And by “whip up,” we mean throw something together with as little effort as possible. Try this easy DIY chai tea mix—just combine the ingredients and stir into a mug of hot water. This recipe makes 36 servings, so consider making up a batch and dividing into mason jars for your friends. Merry Christmas!
5. Hair Treatment. Winter weather (not to mention heat styling) can turn your shiny mane dry and brittle. Winter, you are so CRUEL. Repair your hair with Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. See and feel the difference after one use. Instant gratification. We love that.
We’re both going to be ready for the spa when this weekend is over. J and Jay are playing house this weekend with Jay’s niece and nephews, and L is prepping for live TV tonight (AGAIN) and running walking in the True Blue 5K tomorrow morning with some friends. Oh, and it’s Georgia Southern homecoming this weekend–go Eagles!
Share your weekend pics/plans with us on Twitter @glitter_blog_xo. We wanna see!