Happy Friday! Today we’ve got golf tournament attire on the brain. Next week is Masters Week, and we’re always excited for this storied tournament in our shared home town of Augusta. Of course, the big question is always…WHAT ARE WE WEARING? It’s important to be respectful of golf tradition, but – of course – we also want to be comfy and cute. We love a skort or skinnies paired with a simple polo or shell. And unless you plan to sit in the clubhouse all day (come on, don’t do that!), comfy kicks, oversized sunnies and a cross-body bag are key. Here are our two favorite looks.
Speaking of tonight, Jennifer, Jay and baby James are on their way to Statesboro as we speak. We’re all excited for the Schenkel Invitational Golf Tournament this weekend, which is happening right next door. We’ll be taking pics (hopefully less grainy than the above – the photo struggle is real!), so follow us on Insta to get in on the fun. Happy Friday, and try not to get pinched!
Hope your weekend was fabulous! Coming up this week: baked macaroni and cheese (seriously, the best thing ever), strawberry shortcake skewers, leather we love, and our latest nail polish obsessions. Stay tuned!
Our weekend was one for the books. L and the Joes were on the go all weekend, working, playing, cooking up a birthday dinner for L’s mom…and working some more Sunday night. J and Jay traveled to tiny Alma, Georgia for the annual Blueberry Golf Tournament…and Jay WON! Winning = glitterous.
Our weekend in pics:
This week, we’re focused on Social and Dish – updating www.shopsocialdish.com, working on some fun promos and getting our shopping list ready for our upcoming buying trip to Vegas. This week you’ll see a few more summer recipes, our fall shopping list, and a beauty post from J.
2. Farmers Market. Sick of the usual Saturday afternoon Kroger trip? Switch it up and try your local farmers market for FRESH and locally grown fruit, veggies and flowers. April is the best time to go: read our tips here.
3. Fresh Flowers. Speaking of fresh flowers, celebrate spring with a fun, homemade floral arrangement. This site offers lots of inspiration. Whatever you do, make it fresh and make it fun. We love these painted mason jars.
5. Enter our French Bull Giveaway. ATTENTION! Our FAVE boutiques Social and Dish are doing a Facebook giveaway through Sunday 4.14. Simply “Like, Comment, Share” to enter to win one of these adorable French Bull trays.
We’re down at the Atlanta Apparel Mart this morning for a quick buying trip, then headed east to Augusta for a little Masters action. What are you up to this weekend? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo.
Y’all. It has been the longest week ever. Here’s what’s on our agenda for the weekend:
1. Reynolds Plantation: It might officially be fall, but it is still *hot* in Georgia. There’s nothing I love more than a weekend getaway to Lake Oconee. It’s an hour ‘s drive from Atlanta–totally worth it.
2. Fresh Fall Salads: We’re all about whipping up a new salad. Here are some fall recipes that look super delicious (and easy. love that).
3. Tee It Up: This time, we’re not talking golf. Ditch your LBD and opt for a casual t-shirt paired with a fancy skirt this weekend.
4. Matte Nails: As always, we gotta have new nails for the weekend. We were unsure about matte nails at first, but now we’re in love. Check it:
This past weekend I had the pleasure of working with the guys from Chase 54, an up-and-coming golf apparel line. (54 is a perfect score in golf and, let’s face it, we’re all chasing perfection right?) Trust me ladies, these guys know their stuff. From the state of the art fabrics, to the top notch production and design, it’s impeccable style at an affordable price. They pride themselves in being a line “for golfers, by golfers”. I dig it.
Here’s a behind the scenes look at their photo shoot this past weekend:
Time to get started!
How awesome are these colors?
Don’t worry, the socks weren’t in the shot!
Putting my steaming skills to good use (thanks, Laura!)