It’s still quite hot in Georgia, but that hasn’t stopped us from craving fall fashion! Our closets are getting an overhaul this weekend in preparation for cooler temps that are sure to come. Out with the old, in with the new! We’re starting small with accessories while we dig staple pieces out of storage.
What fall fashion pieces are you feeling for 2013? Tweet?Instagram us! @glitter_blog_xo.
The weather was beautiful in Georgia this weekend! We hope you enjoyed your two days off as much as we did. L participated in the usual weekend festivities at Locos, had a blast at a James Bond-themed black tie gala, and enjoyed a low-key Sunday night on beautiful Jekyll Island. J had a blast celebrating Jay’s sweet nephews fifth birthday, dove into spring with a bright mani, and enjoyed a cocktail or two around Atlanta. Our pics:
And now, for this week’s glitter girl. Meet Mary Clare, New York City hostess extraordinaire and one our most favorite people ever.
Glitter Girl: Mary Clare Silva
About Me:I’m Southern by the grace of God; a former corporate fashionista; a New York City transplant now living in the mountains of Colorado with my husband; raising my scrumptious 17 month-old daughter and two rascally Cavalier King Charles Spaniel boys; and attempting to balance my life with my work in my company First Chair Creative.
1. What item or accessory do you wear the most? Pearl studs
2. What are your three favorite stores (for ANYTHING, online or bricks and mortar)? Gilt, CosBar, and eBay.
3. Fill in the blank. You would die if ____ followed you on Twitter. Not sure…Karl Rove?
4. Your last meal. What is it? I like, and cook, pretty much everything – this is tough – probably something wonderful at Gramercy Tavern or DanielNYC with my husband, who is also a foodie.
5. What’s your guilty pleasure? English period piece dramas! Downton Abbey is just the latest in my longstanding obsession.
Gah, the menus for Gramercy Tavern and DanielNYC have us dreaming of another weekend jaunt to the Big Apple. Are you planning any fun trips this spring?
With holiday parties swiftly approaching (by swiftly, we mean this weekend), it’s time to get festive with our manicures. For us, festive = glitter. Here are our top five polish picks for the holiday season. Get to painting, ladies.
1. Essie: Beyond Cozy
2. Essie: Leading Lady
3. Deborah Lippmann: Glitter in the Air
4. Deborah Lippmann: Across the Universe
5. YSL: La Laque No1 Rouge Pop Art
What nail polish colors are you feeling this holiday season? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo