As you saw in the weekend wrap-up, J purchased a few items at Lush: A fresh handmade cosmetics line. Let’s see what the buzz is about.
I heard a lot of great things about Lush in Macy’s Lenox Mall and decided to give their face scrub a try. Naturally, I left with more than just that. Here are the goods.
Herbalism Facial Cleanser: Best suited to those who have tried everything under the sun to clear up their oily and blemish prone skin. I must say, I saw results right away! No more blocked pores for this lady…
Ayesha Fresh Face Mask: As I was checking out with my one and only item, I noticed a bar with various masks. Wrinkles in mind, I chose the Ayesha Fresh Face Mask with spellbinding ingredients to smooth wrinkles. One word: Magical. My skin was fresh, clean, toned, bright and soft. A must try.
Skin’s Shangri LA: Whilst checking out, the super sweet sales associate offered me a sample of the Skin’s Shangri LA moisturizer. I’ll be honest, I was a little turned off by the smell (not great), BUT the results were fantastic. It took away redness overnight and made my skin feel soft and rejuvenated.
So what do you think about Lush!? Can you recommend any other products to try? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo
IT’S FRIDAY! And you know what that means… Here’s what we’re feeling this weekend, glitter girls:
Between the daily workplace grind, body-clock adjustment (or lack thereof) due to daylight savings time and election night craziness, we are SO looking forward to this weekend. As usual, we have a packed schedule…but we’re going to make time (somehow) for a little at-home pampering. Here’s what we’re planning:
1. DIY Face Mask: I mean we love the spa as much as any girls, but sometimes it’s just not possible in terms of schedule or budget. This easy facial treatment can be whipped up in two minutes flat, and we’re betting you already have these ingredients on hand. Fix a cucumber water, smear this on your face, and relax for a few minutes. Adapted from Beauty Banter.
Honey/ Lemon Mask Recipe: Squeeze 1/2 a lemon (organic is always better) into a bowl, add 2 tbsp of honey (organic, raw, natural if possible). Mix with a spoon until you reach a liquid consistency. Apply to a clean face, avoiding eye area. Make sure that your hair is pulled back away from your face, or you’ll end up with a sticky mess. Leave on for 15-20 min and rinse off.
2. Spa-Grade Exfoliation: Follow your DIY face mask with a round of gentle exfoliation courtesy of this handy gadget.
J and I have used Clarisonics for years (true story), and we are totally crushing on this leopard print version. It’s like a soothing, deep-cleaning spa-quality treatment…without the price.
3. Stress-Relieving Yoga: Whether you’ve had a rough week or just a rough Friday night, this super quick (only ten minutes!) video takes you through easy, gentle yoga poses designed to de-stress your mind and rejuvenate your body. Ommmmmmm.
4. Homemade Chai Tea Mix: Yeah, yeah we heart Starbucks…but sometimes it’s nice to whip up a comforting treat at home (in pajamas). And by “whip up,” we mean throw something together with as little effort as possible. Try this easy DIY chai tea mix—just combine the ingredients and stir into a mug of hot water. This recipe makes 36 servings, so consider making up a batch and dividing into mason jars for your friends. Merry Christmas!
5. Hair Treatment. Winter weather (not to mention heat styling) can turn your shiny mane dry and brittle. Winter, you are so CRUEL. Repair your hair with Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. See and feel the difference after one use. Instant gratification. We love that.
We’re both going to be ready for the spa when this weekend is over. J and Jay are playing house this weekend with Jay’s niece and nephews, and L is prepping for live TV tonight (AGAIN) and running walking in the True Blue 5K tomorrow morning with some friends. Oh, and it’s Georgia Southern homecoming this weekend–go Eagles!
Share your weekend pics/plans with us on Twitter @glitter_blog_xo. We wanna see!
Well hello, Friday. We meet again. Time to sort out our weekend plans. Here’s what we’re thinking:
1. Lipstick Love: Update your fall beauty routine with a new lipstick. Add a little sass to your everyday outfit, or some extra glam to a night look:
2. Crazy for Curls: We’re obsessed with perfectly twisted tendrils. Tight curls? Loose curls? Beachy waves? Love. Them. All. Here are our favorite looks:
3. Anna Dello Russo at H&M: The Vogue Japan editor and style icon is debuting her signature over-the-top accessories line at H&M. Here’s a peek:
4. Face Mask: After months of summer stress and workplace stress, L and I are getting our skin in check. A deep cleansing mask is a great way to start. Our suggestions:
5. Relax: By some miracle, L and I are both enjoying relaxing weekends at home with NO PLANS. After we wash off our masks (hello, new skin), we’re going to chill on our patios and enjoy this beautiful fall weather.