We know. The struggle is REALLY real when it comes to gifting for the men in our lives. Allow us to help:Continue Reading
It’s Friday, and we’re dreaming of blue skies and palm trees. In fact, the insane Georgia heat is giving us both a touch of tropical fever. We’re feeling these five pretties right now…
3 // Palm Print Bench DIY // L whipped up this quick DIY last weekend using leftover paint from Ed’s nursery and our favorite Tommy Bahama Swaying Palm fabric. J’s going to do something similar on Sunday.
Speaking of tropical, J is traveling further south to Statesboro this weekend to help host a baby shower for L. Follow along on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo!Continue Reading
It’s hard to believe (for me, anyway), but Baby Ed is due in less than six weeks! I thought I would share the progress I’ve made on his nursery. It’s not 100% finished (I don’t think I’ve ever been totally “finished” with any project), but it’s definitely getting there. Baby Joe and I have had a lot of fun shopping and organizing – it’s definitely helped him get excited about the new addition to our family. If he only knew how his world is about to change…
Grey Babyletto “Hudson” Crib // Target
Stuffed Owl // Pier 1 (no longer available, similar here)
“Flynn” Navy Nailhead Chair // Lamps Plus (I actually found mine several years ago at TJ Maxx – it’s been living in our den)
Nate Berkus Gold Side Table // Target (this style is no longer available, but I love this one for a similar look)
Knit Fox Rattle // Land of Nod
“Aloe” Paint // Sherwin Williams (for the changing table and chest of drawers)
Changing Table // Pottery Barn (mine is several years old and was used in Joe’s nursery)
Distressed Wood Mirror // Walmart (love this option from Target)
“Vinnie” Cradle Rocker // Overstock
I hope Baby Ed likes his nursery as much as I do!Continue Reading
We have a sneaking suspicion that the weather is not going to cooperate with our pool/beach plans this weekend…so we might just spend the next 48 hours shopping on our phones. These five things top our must-have list!
1 // Gingham Shirtdress. Timeless and seasonless. This cotton dress by Shop Social Dish is easy and breezy now paired with sandals; it’ll also work in the fall with classic riding boots. Use secret code GLITTER when you check out to get 10% off!
3// Kate Spade Tote. We’re more than in love with this light grey Cove Street Tote. Perfect color, great shape…oh, and it’s on sale.
4 // ASOS Larissa Flats. J actually scooped these crazy cute flats earlier this week. So summer-y paired with a chambray shirt and white ripped skinnies. They also come in black, for those of you who aren’t as into pineapples as we are.
5 // South China Seas Pillow. L continues to be obsessed with all things chinoiserie. This coral pillow (the print is Thibaut’s South China Seas) would be amazing on a navy sofa. We’ve used this Etsy seller before – great stuff. So. Many. Pillows.
Share your favorite things with us (and see snaps from our holiday weekend adventures) on Instagram at @glitter_blog_xo,
Meet our latest glitter girl, Britton Rowe. J’s beautiful cousin (who’s getting married this July EEE!) and L’s former intern at the Georgia State Capitol. Could the world be any smaller?
About Me: I’m a fashion-focused girl working my way through the Star Wars-infested waters of the software development world.
1. What item or accessory do you wear the most? My David Yurman bracelets. No matter the outfit, they work perfectly and I can layer them with other fun accessories.
2. What are your three favorite stores (for ANYTHING, online or bricks and mortar)? 1. Kate Spade for statement investment pieces 2. C.Wonder for on trend basics 3. Etsy for interesting, personalized pieces that no one else has.
3. Fill in the blank. You would die if ____ followed you on Twitter. Kim Kardashian, because let’s be real she doesn’t follow anyone. People just follow her.
4. Your last meal. What is it? This is tough because I really like food, but if I had to choose it would be Rotier’s cheeseburger and french fries. It’s this hole in the wall place in Nashville near where I used to live but it’s rumored to be the cheeseburger Jimmy Buffet wrote ‘Cheeseburger in Paradise’ about…yeah, it’s that good.
5. What’s your guilty pleasure? Reality TV. My fiance can’t stand it, but I just love the drama. It makes me feel like my life is much,much more sane!
L and I can definitely relate to Britton’s favorite accessory. We wear at least one Yurman bracelet everyday. #armparty
About our Glitter Girls: Once a week-ish, we highlight one of our favorite friends/readers/fellow Glitter Girls with a pic and a brief questionnaire. We’ll feature girls who are living in interesting places (from Atlanta to Alaska) and doing interesting things (from stylish stay-at-home moms to corporate ladder-climbers). We hope you enjoy getting to know The Glitter Life community!
In other news:
We’ve got an exciting week of posts planned! Stayed tuned for the perfect spring appetizer (Mango Avocado Shrimp Cups); a make-up bag makeover; and spring’s best denim.Continue Reading
We’re a little late on our weekend wrap-up…we blame a manic, manic Monday. Here’s what we were up to:
J: Had a R&D session with my boss/coworkers on Friday at Chuy’s. Saturday, Jay and I headed to our home away from home, Lake Oconee, for a relaxing evening. Sunday we got in a little golf (even though it was frigid) and enjoyed a cocktail at Fado.
L: Did a little cooking and experimented with up-dos (both will be on the blog this week!), had a mini-photo shoot, enjoyed a date night with Joe, and finished the weekend with a good friend and glass of wine at home.
And now, for this week’s Glitter Girl, Melanie Herrington.
About Melanie: Mel is an artist extraordinaire and stay-at-home mom to three adorable girls. She’s got city-girl tastes but lives in the small town of Dublin, Georgia. We love her style and couldn’t wait to share her with you!
1. What item or accessory do you wear the most?
Etsy is my number one favorite store-if you can call it that. I love that the stores on Etsy are filled with unique finds made by unique artisans. This site brings a hand thrown bowl made by a potter in Oregon directly to my doorstep. I like that! Check out these super finds:
5. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Happy Friday, glitter girls!
Remember how good it felt to shop for school supplies at the beginning of the school year? New notebooks, binders, pens, markers…everything is crisp and new, full of possibility. “Seventh grade is going to be the BEST. YEAR. EVER.”
J and I are
well past the age of looking for the perfect unicorn Trapper Keeper. Instead, we experience the school-supplies high in December when we buy our calendars and planners for the next year. All those blank pages get us excited for the coming year. What will we do? Where will we go? Eeeek! 2013 is going to be the BEST. YEAR. EVER.
Today’s Friday Five: our top five calendar picks.
What gets you fired up for the new year? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo
Have a fantastic weekend–stay tuned for our pics!
Y’all. Y’ALL. We are battling a serious feather obsession lately. Whether it’s on the runway or on our front doors, we can’t stop thinking about them.
Shop more Etsy-fied feathers here.
Decor: Is it just us or does most fall decor look like a third grade classroom? You can have your cheesy orange and yellow leaves; we’ll take feathers.
What are you obsessed with, fashion-wise or decorating-wise (or both), these days? Hope you all have a fantastic week! (And a nice Columbus Day holiday, if you have today off. Sadly, J and I do not.)
L + JContinue Reading
Happy Monday, Glitter girls!
Can you believe it’s already SEPTEMBER? It’s actually chilly (ish) this morning in Georgia. *Fingers crossed* that this amazing weather continues.
September is exciting for several reasons. One of the best is college football tailgating (see also: New York Fashion Week). J and I are pretty much professional tailgaters. Here are our tips for a glitter-fabulous event.
Make it pretty.
1. Picnic Basket – If you’re tailgating on the grass (as opposed to a parking lot), a real picnic basket lends a little vintage flair to your set-up. Plus, it holds all your stuff and makes clean up easier.
2. Napkins – Of course, you can always buy napkins in your team’s colors. from your local party supply store. Or you can go with something a little cuter/dressier, like these napkins designed for fans of L’s alma mater, the University of Georgia.
3. Cocktails: Sure, you’ll want to put in plenty of time playing hostess at your tailgate…but (if you’re anything like us) you’ll also want to take a few laps and visit old friends you don’t get to see everyday. Grab one of these and go!
4. Tablecloth – Don’t be an amateur. Use a real tablecloth. Thrown over a lightweight table, it instantly elevates your space.
5. Entertainment – You gotta have tunes at your tailgate (unless you’re one of those people who insists on listening to the “pre-game show” or whatever it’s called). You already know how much we love our Sound Freaq. Make a playlist and get your friends to do the same–this wireless blue-tooth speaker will play music for hours, straight from your iPhone. Also, who doesn’t love to play a little corn-hole (or bean bag toss) before a big game?
Everything is so casual these days: mass texts, Facebook invites, etc. Why not do something extra special for the big game? Etsy (where else?) has some super cute printable invites. We love these and these.
Every girl has her favorites. Our non-negotiables:
1. Bloody Marys – Vodka. Zing Zang Mix. Ice. Lemons, limes, celery, pickles. Garnish to your heart’s content. (Or, check out three more exotic Bloody Mary recipes here.)
2. Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches – A Southern classic and a tailgate staple. Buy your pimiento cheese at your local deli or make it yourself–it’s super easy! Try our sophisticated four-cheese recipe, or go old-school with this one.
3. Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies – This easy recipe satisfies sweet and salty tooths (teeth?) alike.
What’s your fave game-day cocktail? What snack can’t you live without? Let us know!
L + JContinue Reading