Happy Thursday, glitter girls!
This post combines our love of DIY with our love/obsessive need for Chapstick.
Dry, cold winter weather is fast approaching, and you know what that means: CHAPPED LIPS. Don’t give in, girls! Keep your lips soft with this DIY balm you can make at home. #crafty
*Glitter Tip: Wear old clothes when you make this. Getting wax out of clothing is a total nightmare.*
Cocoa Butter and Vanilla Lip Balm
- 3 tbsp. pure cocoa butter
- 1/2 c. olive oil or sweet almond oil
- 4 tbsp. beeswax
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 5-8 drops of pure vanilla essential oil
- Use a double-boiler on the stove to melt the beeswax. If you don’t have a double-boiler (or a stove!) you can put the beeswax in a glass, microwave-safe container and heat it in the microwave slowly, taking it out and stirring every 25-35 seconds.
- Once the wax is melted add the room-temperature cocoa butter and sweet almond oil. Continue to slowly heat the mixture until the cocoa butter is melted, stirring often.
- Add the honey and the vanilla essential oil. Then pierce a vitamin E capsule and squeeze the contents into the mixture.
- Remove the mixture from the stove and pour into individual containers. Allow your new lip balm to cool for 1-2 hours before use.
If you’d like your lip balm to be a bit more glossy, you can add a little more olive/sweet almond oil but if you prefer a more matte finish, add more beeswax.
Let us know how yours turns out! Tweet pics to @glitter_blog_xo
*1 DAY LEFT to enter our necklace giveaway! We will announce the winner tomorrow!*