$83 – neimanmarcus.com
$53 – neimanmarcus.com
$125 – bloomingdales.com
$145 – nordstrom.com
We’re heading to Lake Oconee this afternoon for a MUCH needed weekend together. Here’s what the next 48 hours look like for us.
1. Cocktail: No boring wine glasses for us this weekend! L is bringing mason jars and paper straws to hold our cocktails. Stay tuned to see if we use J’s sparklers.
2. Appetizer: As J was cruising pinterest looking for an app to make for us this weekend, she came across this alternative to a full caprese salad. Easy to transport and perfect for us to munch on while getting ready. We had to graduate from Goldfish some time.
3. Pool Accessory: Everyone. Cross your fingers and toes that the rain holds out long enough to give us a pool day. We need it. And also this Sunnylife San Remo Beach Towel for lounging.
5. Something New: You don’t always have to dish out dollars to enjoy delicious wine. We’re trading our usual pinto grigio for Barefoot Refresh this weekend.
If there’s one thing you do this weekend, follow us on instagram. It will be worth it. We promise.Continue Reading
There’s only one thing we love more than shopping, and that’s shopping for a good cause. Last week Stella & Dot stylist Brittany Dransfield approached us and asked for our help with an awesome project. Together we’re teaming up for a special Stella & Dot trunk show to benefit the victims of the heartbreakingly severe tornado destruction in the mid-west. Proceeds from today’s sale will go directly to the American Red Cross, which is working around the clock to help those affected by the tornadoes.
DETAILS: Click here to shop our trunk sale. Making purchases through other Stella & Dot sites won’t count. In order to support Brittany and to support this cause, you need to use our link. The sale will last through Friday, July 5.
GIVEAWAY: Brittany has generously given us a Spirit Bracelet to give away to one of our lucky readers. We love this dainty style! To enter:
BONUS: It pays to shop with Stella & Dot in June. For every $50 you spend this month, you’ll receive 25 Dot Dollars to redeem in July. The fine print: a minimum purchase of $50 on jewelry is required to redeem the points.
Now, on to the trunk show! We’ve picked our five favorite Stella & Dot styles to get you started.
Tragic events that occur far from home can leave us feeling helpless. What can we possibly do that will make a difference? We believe in the good work the Red Cross does, and we believe in Stella & Dot. We sincerely hope you’ll satisfy your summer jewelry cravings by shopping our trunk sale. You’ll feel good about your purchase, we promise.Continue Reading
I am in LOVE with these five items. Bright colors and tassels feel so right!
1. Kate Spade Licorice Pumps. These actually go with EVERYTHING. Jeans and a tank? Shorts and a tee? Ev. Ery. Thing.
2. Tory Burch Mochilla Suitcase. Words can’t express how much I love this suitcase. Talk about Wanderlust – doesn’t it make you want to just throw stuff in and GO?!
3. Jonathan Adler Zodiac Pillow. I am a proud Scorpio, and I love anything emblazoned with my zodiac sign. This would look great (and help me start each morning with a smile) on my dressing room chair.
5. Tassel Garland. I don’t know where I would put this. But I love it so!
What are you coveting currently?Continue Reading
We’ve been doing some shopping lately – no surprise – and we’ve been feeling especially grabby in the cosmetics department. Here’s the low-down on what we scooped in the last few days:
1. Dior: Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation. Worth every penny. It’s not heavy- looking, but it does give you a nice finished look that lasts throughout the day. It dries a little darker, so try a shade lighter than your skin tone. And wear a headband when applying so it doesn’t look like you’re due for a dye job!
2. Benefit Cosmetics: Dandelion Luminizer. This product typifies the great quality I’ve come to expect from all Benefit products. Apply it lightly for a subtle, natural-looking pink; build up from there.
3. Tigi Your Highness Shampoo/Conditioner. Sometimes our long, heavy hair needs a LIFT. J’s mom introduced her to the Your Highness (cute!) Volume Collection, which does the trick and smells delicious.
4. L’oreal: Sublime Bronze Airbrush. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again. We’re obsessed with L’Oreal’s sunless tanning products. J was super eager to try their new deep natural tan shade. It’s perfect (we could have guessed that).
5. Garnier Nutrioniste Ultra Lift Pro Intensive Deep Wrinkle Night Cream. It’s a mouthful…but L loves this stuff. It feels nice and thick going on, but dries to a super smooth finish on your skin.
6. Wet N Wild MegaSlicks Lip Gloss in Bronze Berry. You know we’re suckers for a neutral (and cheap) lip-gloss. This Wet N Wild gloss may replace our go-to gloss this summer. It’s a little darker than our beloved NYC Everlasting Blossom…but we’re feeling it!
What are your go-to beauty products!? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo or Instagram your finds @glitter_blog_xo.
As promised, I spent the weekend spring-cleaning my closet. It actually wasn’t super painful, and the satisfaction I feel when I open the door – and see a clean floor, neat stacks of sweaters and jeans and racks of uniform hangers – makes the experience worth it.
Here’s the how-to:
1. Evaluate. Divide everything (and I mean everything, not just your hanging items) into four piles: KEEP, ALTER, RE-SELL, TOSS. My guidelines for each pile:
KEEP – You MUST have worn this garment at least once in the last year. The only exceptions are things that you love but don’t fit, or cocktail/formal dresses that you would DEFINITELY wear again. Please note: bridesmaids dresses and old prom dresses hardly ever qualify.
ALTER – If you really really love something…but it’s too big or too long (too small is another story), you may put it in the ALTER category. Items that qualify include designer jeans, great cocktail dresses, suits…and that’s pretty much it. Get the item/items altered as soon as possible. And honestly, if you don’t feel a sense of urgency to alter the item, it belongs in one of the next two categories.
RE-SELL – Not sure about you, but I had a LOT of stuff that fit into the re-sell category. A striped Tory Burch polo handed down from my mom (never looked right on me), a pair of Tony Lama cowboy boots (great looking, but not nearly as comfy as a pair I carry at Dish – and scooped for myself – last year), a few Juicy Couture dresses that I bought a size larger when I was pregnant but haven’t worn since…you get the idea. TheRealReal is a great luxury consignment site, and Facebook is an awesome way to unload your gently used but-not-designer items. Fact: Those Tony Lamas sold within THREE MINUTES of me posting them on Facebook.
DONATE – 5K t-shirts, impulse buys from Forever 21 that never delivered and well-worn gym clothes all belong in the DONATE category. Sure, Goodwill is great, but ask around (your friends, your church, your civic club). There may be a needy individual or family able to put your goods to use ASAP.
2. Organize. Once you’ve got your KEEP pile sorted out, put everything on matching hangers and re-hang by category, color, or cut. Do whatever works for you. My closet is divided by item (tops, sweaters, dresses, pants), then fabric (all cottons together, all dressy materials together, etc), then color. Honestly, my closet has always been organized this way…but after removing about half of the items, the order makes much more sense. And I can actually thumb through the hangers. I did move my cold-weather items (coats and fur vests) and cocktail dresses to another closet.
A word about hangers: At some point I’m going to invest in those grippy hangers that everyone loves…but until then, clear my plastic hangers will have to do. Whatever hangers you choose, make sure you’re able to get every kind you need in that material. I need shirt hangers, pant/shorts hangers, and that hybrid hanger that works for strapless dresses as well as two-piece suits.
3. Shoes & Bags. I don’t think you have to be as ruthless when it comes to shoes and handbags. Shoes and bags can make or break an outfit, and unless you wear them to DEATH, they should be okay to hang around for five or ten years, or even longer. I have heels I haven’t worn in years but I am still making room for (just be patient, blue suede pumps. your time will come.). At the same time, if the leather on the stiletto is peeling back or the suede on the bag is irreparably dirty (or if they don’t fit your feet or your life – be honest), move them to the RESELL or DONATE category.
4. Corral. Items like scarves, belts and clutches are easily contained in plastic drawer towers. Label the drawers, and finding accessories becomes a breeze. I keep my flashy costume jewelry plus my nicer pieces that I don’t wear everyday in a plastic bin in my closet. My everyday stuff sits out on my dresser in plain view.
5. Prettify. I didn’t get to this step on Sunday, but I will soon. My plans include painting a chandelier and hanging it in my closet. I’m also going to place an unlit scented candle (Voluspa is our fave brand) on one of the shelves.
Have you tackled any spring cleaning projects yet? Tweet or Instagram us at @glitter_blog_xo!Continue Reading
Meet our latest glitter girl, Britton Rowe. J’s beautiful cousin (who’s getting married this July EEE!) and L’s former intern at the Georgia State Capitol. Could the world be any smaller?
About Me: I’m a fashion-focused girl working my way through the Star Wars-infested waters of the software development world.
1. What item or accessory do you wear the most? My David Yurman bracelets. No matter the outfit, they work perfectly and I can layer them with other fun accessories.
2. What are your three favorite stores (for ANYTHING, online or bricks and mortar)? 1. Kate Spade for statement investment pieces 2. C.Wonder for on trend basics 3. Etsy for interesting, personalized pieces that no one else has.
3. Fill in the blank. You would die if ____ followed you on Twitter. Kim Kardashian, because let’s be real she doesn’t follow anyone. People just follow her.
4. Your last meal. What is it? This is tough because I really like food, but if I had to choose it would be Rotier’s cheeseburger and french fries. It’s this hole in the wall place in Nashville near where I used to live but it’s rumored to be the cheeseburger Jimmy Buffet wrote ‘Cheeseburger in Paradise’ about…yeah, it’s that good.
5. What’s your guilty pleasure? Reality TV. My fiance can’t stand it, but I just love the drama. It makes me feel like my life is much,much more sane!
L and I can definitely relate to Britton’s favorite accessory. We wear at least one Yurman bracelet everyday. #armparty
About our Glitter Girls: Once a week-ish, we highlight one of our favorite friends/readers/fellow Glitter Girls with a pic and a brief questionnaire. We’ll feature girls who are living in interesting places (from Atlanta to Alaska) and doing interesting things (from stylish stay-at-home moms to corporate ladder-climbers). We hope you enjoy getting to know The Glitter Life community!
In other news:
We’ve got an exciting week of posts planned! Stayed tuned for the perfect spring appetizer (Mango Avocado Shrimp Cups); a make-up bag makeover; and spring’s best denim.Continue Reading
One of the best parts of owning a boutique (or two) is discovering and supporting new designers. Our favorite up-and-coming line is Mamie Ruth, designed by Georgia native and Georgia Southern University alum Emily Bargeron. We began carrying Mamie Ruth at Dish back in 2010, and since then the line has exploded on the fashion scene. Mamie is now in over fifty stores in the US! We’re proud that we were one of the first.
We love that Emily has a truly unique point of view: her designs mix tribal prints with retro shapes with free-spirited abandon. For Spring 13, Mamie references Mexico and the Day of the Dead celebration. These blanket shorts epitomize the collection.
Emily visited Dish a few weeks ago to hand-deliver our spring Mamie styles (love this girl!) and spend some time meeting our customers.
Today is the first day of spring! Celebrate by getting your garden on with these tips from the lovely Lauren Conrad.
We have a mid-week treat for you, Glitter Girls…
It’s finally warming up here in Georgia, and that’s got us thinking about a vacation. Actually, it’s got us thinking about bikinis. L and I are super excited to share our favorite swimsuits from Dish. We picked these out months ago in Vegas and were *beyond* excited when they arrived at the store.
L*Space stole our hearts last year with their fringe bikini tops and beautiful prints. This year, they’ve upped their game with braiding and a super sssssexy reptile print that matches their solids.
All swimwear and flip-flops are in-stock at Dish. Call 912.871.3989 or email email@example.com to order. We can also help you with fit information and advice!
Need a easy/safe tan before you hop into one of these adorbs bikinis? Answer: Yes. Check out our self tanning tips here.
What will you be wearing to the beach this spring/summer? Share your ensembles with us on Twitter and Instagram @glitter_blog_xo.
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!
Despite the wretched weather in Georgia, or maybe because of it, we can’t stop thinking about spring. This week’s Friday Five is dedicated to all things fresh.
1. Fresh Produce. Spring means fresh produce! Most farmer’s markets will really kick into gear in a few weeks. Drop by your local farmer’s market and scoop whatever looks best to you. Ask questions if you don’t know how to prepare a certain veggie – most vendors are happy to share a recipe or two. Learn how to master your farmer’s market and how to keep your produce fresh with a few tips from Lauren Conrad.
3. EOS Mint Lip Balm. It’s minty. It’s tiny. It’s 95% organic (surely the other 5% won’t hurt us). We’re tossing our bright lipstick and using this natural lip balm this spring.
4. Mint Blazers. It’s no secret that we love a classic blazer. This time of year we start thinking about swapping our favorite navy jacket for a pastel version. Mint flatters every hair color and complexion, and it looks equally great with dark denim and white denim.
5. White Denim. Speaking of white denim, now is the time to buy the perfect white jean. The Kaylie Slim & Sexy Bootcut fit by 7 For All Mankind will carry you through spring and summer. We love the curvy fit and the not-too-big boot.
We’re working hard and playing hard this weekend. We’ll check back in on Monday!
Wait, you didn’t think we’d leave you for the weekend without a cocktail recipe, did you? That wouldn’t be very Glitter of us. In keeping with today’s theme, swap your usual wine for one of these mint-cucumber-vodka cocktails. Fresh!Continue Reading
Copyright © 2017 Brooklyn. All rights reserved.