Wishing you and yours the Merriest Christmas! Love,
We woke up this past Sunday like it was Christmas morning… Sugar Paper Holiday for Target had ARRIVED. We legit couldn’t get our orders in fast enough. Here are a few of the gift-wrapping goods we scooped, but let’s be honest… we scooped pretty much everything.
Now, time to buy presents to wrap! Shouldn’t be a problem…Continue Reading
J: I’m always looking for a solid brunch item to throw together on the weekends. When I came across this baked french toast recipe from our fave food blogger, Damn Delicious… game changer. My sweet husband, Jay, said it would be perfect for Christmas morning and I totally agree. Here’s the skinny:
For the maple glaze:
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and maple syrup until well combined and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour mixture evenly over the bread slices.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. It’s desired.Continue Reading
We’re all about throwing together an easy, (mostly) stress-free party, especially around the holidays. We obsessed over this holiday party diary when it appeared in Domino magazine wayyy back when…and it still rings true today. Click here to read about some of our favorite (EASY) holiday party ideas!
What are some of your holiday party go-tos?Continue Reading
We hope you had a wonderful time with your families this holiday season. We enjoyed a few days off…and now we’re ready to dive headfirst into 2014! Best of all? We’ll be ringing in the new year together (YAY). In the meantime, today we’re sharing some choice Christmas pics.Continue Reading
Hi Hi Hi!
WOW! What a whirlwind the end of December was. We still managed to have a blast despite the hustle and bustle. Let’s recap with some of our pics.
Hope your holiday festivities were wonderful. We’re looking forward to what 2013 holds for us. Tweet us your holiday pics @glitter_blog_xo!
Hi hi hi, glitter girls!
Happy Friday! Our shopping is basically done (phew!). We’re tying up a few odds and ends this weekend, and then…THE WRAPPING BEGINS. We’ve gathered a few of our favorites wrapping ideas for today’s Friday Five.
1. For the ladies in your lives: We rarely have a white Christmas in Georgia. We’ll take pink instead!
2. For bottles of wine: Use this genius idea from Martha Stewart to wrap your bottles of vino. No wine bag required.
3. For the eco-friendly giver (or receiver): Another idea from Martha. Layer vintage or re-purposed papers like wallpaper scraps, grocery bags or newsprint pages and use fabric scraps or ribbon remnants to make a unique bow.
4. For the men: Um, how cute is this idea from blogger Sweet Paul? Wrap gift boxes in an old plaid shirt (or just buy cheap plaid fabric) and use a glue gun to secure the folds. Don’t go crazy with the glue–it only has to hold for a few days! Finish with a bow tie.
5. For children (or the young at heart): We love this idea for re-purposing holiday cards into monogram gift tags (save this year’s to use next year!). Stencil the child’s first initial on a holiday card, cut out, and hole-punch. Secure with ribbon.
We also like this cute printable gift tag–have fun guessing the gift!
BONUS: Check out these wrapping tips from Better Homes and Gardens.
Wrapping gifts is one of our favorite holiday traditions. If we lived in the same city, we would totally grab a bottle of wine and wrapping supplies, turn on “Mariah Carey Christmas” on Pandora, and make a night of it.
Enjoy your last minute holiday preparations!
Copyright © 2017 Brooklyn. All rights reserved.