Faux leather skater skirts top our list of fall must-haves. Whether stamped to mimic quilting, punched to lend airiness, or just short, sweet and simple, these skirts will take you from fall through winter and all the way into spring. Pair them with a chambray shirt and flats now; a turtleneck, tights and ankle boots when it gets cooler. When warmer temps roll around, spring-ify them with a sheer printed blouse and ladylike heels.
Happy Friday! We hope you had a wonderful Fourth of July. Whether you’re already back to the grindstone or continuing your vacation into the weekend, take a second to check our top five weekend outfits.
Want more inspiration? Check out our Pinterest board Weekend Style. Have a great weekend!
Ladies, it’s time for the truth. How often do you ask yourself that question? Pretty much every time you look in your closet? Same. Here. We’ve learned a few things over the years, though.
Getting dressed in the morning is a LOT easier when you have a few staples pieces at your fingertips. We’re talking pieces that pull together the random stuff in your closet. Your mission for this weekend: get your wardrobe in check with these five wardrobe essentials:
1. Solid blazer. Blazers are so versatile. Wear one over a crisp button- down or striped tee for day, and a sparkly tank or neon tee for night. Pair your blazer with pretty much any bottom: trousers, a mini skirt, a pleated skirt, shorts (even cut-offs). L legit wears a navy blazer every other day.
2. Ankle Pant. A tailored pair of pants work for the office, cocktails, brunch, etc. Wear with a button-down and/or jacket for the office; pair with a slouchy tee for the weekend. You’ll get tons of wear out of basic black (duh), but a printed pair is also versatile. Make sure you choose ankle-length pants, so you can wear them with flats or heels.
3. Patent Pumps. A classic pair of black patent heels is always appropriate. Don’t be afraid to wear them with navy–we love that combo.
4. Chambray Shirt. Chambray is a no-brainer for casual occasions, but it also works for the office and evening. Wear it under a suit for work (just make sure your jewelry is dressy), and pair with your brightest shorts or sparkliest skirt for an evening out. Pop your collar, roll your sleeves, and carry a fun clutch.
5. Go-To Bag. A handbag in a classic shape works for day or night. Choose one with a fun detail (like neon trim) to make a statement.
What are the go-to pieces in your closet? What do you need to add to make your wardrobe complete? Share with us on Twitter! @glitter_blog_xo.
We don’t think of ourselves as particularly sporty, but we’re really feeling utility vests right now. This versatile piece can skew casual, dressy, dressy-casual…you name it. Here are our three favorite ways to rock a utility vest.
1. Weekday Casual. Obviously, a utility vest looks great with a cute, simple ensemble.
2.Sophisticated Casual. Add feminine accessories to create a more uptown look.
I was thrilled to be asked by a local television station to put together a few Georgia Southern “game day” looks in honor of GSU’s homecoming last weekend. I was a little nervous about speaking on live television, but I think I did fine. The clothes speak for themselves anyway, right?
J couldn’t make it down for this event, but she was there in spirit. Here are a few pics of yours truly, plus a photo of each model. I am lucky to have such beautiful friends! Check out the fashion magic we worked with GSU’s colors: navy, gold and white.
“Cute and Casual” Tailgate Look:
Cold Weather Looks:
Dressy Post-Game Looks:
Most of these styles can be found on www.shopsocialdish.com.
Do you like our looks? Do you participate in the “game day” trend? Share your pics with us @glitter_blog_xo!
Happy Monday, Glitter Girls! J and I are running around today, getting ready for our trip. (Maybe you’ve heard about it?) Packing for a whole week has been a bit of a challenge. Here’s what we made room for in our suitcases…
Clearly we’re taking more than this…but these are our highlights. What are we missing? What would y’all take if you were going with us? Eeeeeeek, we’re leaving tomorrow!