You guys know we heart Target – it’s great style at great prices, areweright? Both of us own this Target sequined-collar plaid button-down from two years ago, and we’re bringing it back this season. And since we have Target on the brain, we linked our top picks from Target for fall over on Shop Style. Click this link to shop, or like our photo on Instagram (@glitter_blog_xo) today and you’ll get a shoppable email sent to your inbox. And check out our other posts featuring Target items here and here and here.
So I’m right here at the end of my pregnancy, and I’m DYING to wear real clothes again. No bump-friendly outfits for me after August 31! Fall is by far my favorite fashion season, and I am dreaming about SO MANY looks. Here are some of the trends I can’t wait to get into, post-baby Ed.
1 // Plaid Accents
2 // Wide-Leg Pants
3 // Patterned Tights
4 // Camel Coat
5 // Pop of Pink
See more of my favorite looks on our Pinterest board Fall Fashion 15. Happy weekend!
Despite the wretched weather in Georgia, or maybe because of it, we can’t stop thinking about spring. This week’s Friday Five is dedicated to all things fresh.
1. Fresh Produce. Spring means fresh produce! Most farmer’s markets will really kick into gear in a few weeks. Drop by your local farmer’s market and scoop whatever looks best to you. Ask questions if you don’t know how to prepare a certain veggie – most vendors are happy to share a recipe or two. Learn how to master your farmer’s market and how to keep your produce fresh with a few tips from Lauren Conrad.
3. EOS Mint Lip Balm. It’s minty. It’s tiny. It’s 95% organic (surely the other 5% won’t hurt us). We’re tossing our bright lipstick and using this natural lip balm this spring.
4. Mint Blazers. It’s no secret that we love a classic blazer. This time of year we start thinking about swapping our favorite navy jacket for a pastel version. Mint flatters every hair color and complexion, and it looks equally great with dark denim and white denim.
We’re working hard and playing hard this weekend. We’ll check back in on Monday!
Wait, you didn’t think we’d leave you for the weekend without a cocktail recipe, did you? That wouldn’t be very Glitter of us. In keeping with today’s theme, swap your usual wine for one of these mint-cucumber-vodka cocktails. Fresh!
Ladies, it’s time for the truth. How often do you ask yourself that question? Pretty much every time you look in your closet? Same. Here. We’ve learned a few things over the years, though.
Getting dressed in the morning is a LOT easier when you have a few staples pieces at your fingertips. We’re talking pieces that pull together the random stuff in your closet. Your mission for this weekend: get your wardrobe in check with these five wardrobe essentials:
1. Solid blazer. Blazers are so versatile. Wear one over a crisp button- down or striped tee for day, and a sparkly tank or neon tee for night. Pair your blazer with pretty much any bottom: trousers, a mini skirt, a pleated skirt, shorts (even cut-offs). L legit wears a navy blazer every other day.
2. Ankle Pant. A tailored pair of pants work for the office, cocktails, brunch, etc. Wear with a button-down and/or jacket for the office; pair with a slouchy tee for the weekend. You’ll get tons of wear out of basic black (duh), but a printed pair is also versatile. Make sure you choose ankle-length pants, so you can wear them with flats or heels.
3. Patent Pumps. A classic pair of black patent heels is always appropriate. Don’t be afraid to wear them with navy–we love that combo.
4. Chambray Shirt. Chambray is a no-brainer for casual occasions, but it also works for the office and evening. Wear it under a suit for work (just make sure your jewelry is dressy), and pair with your brightest shorts or sparkliest skirt for an evening out. Pop your collar, roll your sleeves, and carry a fun clutch.
5. Go-To Bag. A handbag in a classic shape works for day or night. Choose one with a fun detail (like neon trim) to make a statement.
What are the go-to pieces in your closet? What do you need to add to make your wardrobe complete? Share with us on Twitter! @glitter_blog_xo.
Just finished up Part 1 of the spring photo shoot for Shop Social Dish. We’re pretty psyched about these photos! Our model looked lovely (despite a recent bout with the flu–BEEN THERE), and it cheered us up just to see these bright spring colors. We hope you enjoy this (un-edited) behind-the-scenes look!
We’ll have the finished product up soon on Shop Social Dish. What do you think? What’s your fave spring look?
Special thank to our beautiful model, Brooke Smith, and our (also beautiful) assistants Chelsey Navin and Mekensie Jackson. All styles shown may be ordered by calling 912.681.4008. Select styles are available at www.shopsocialdish.com.
I was thrilled to be asked by a local television station to put together a few Georgia Southern “game day” looks in honor of GSU’s homecoming last weekend. I was a little nervous about speaking on live television, but I think I did fine. The clothes speak for themselves anyway, right?
J couldn’t make it down for this event, but she was there in spirit. Here are a few pics of yours truly, plus a photo of each model. I am lucky to have such beautiful friends! Check out the fashion magic we worked with GSU’s colors: navy, gold and white.
“Cute and Casual” Tailgate Look:
Cold Weather Looks:
Dressy Post-Game Looks:
Most of these styles can be found on www.shopsocialdish.com.
Do you like our looks? Do you participate in the “game day” trend? Share your pics with us @glitter_blog_xo!