Jay and I attended a beautiful winery wedding at Montaluce Winery in Dahlonega, GA over the weekend. Such a chic venue!Continue Reading
We can’t lie. It’s been a long week. L has been sick, J’s been swamped at work, and the weather down south has been super depressing. So, in true Glitter Girl style, we’re planning a fun and productive weekend to shake these rainy
day WEEK blues. Here’s our plan:
1. Decorate. A little Target-ing always lifts our mood. A few pics of some recent Target finds..
Have you seen the new and improved Threshold for Target collection? This iron wire table is a MUST have.
2. Make. Inspired by J’s recent purchase of a green guacamole bowl (from Target! we can’t stop.), we’re going to whip up this fresh Edamame Guacamole on Saturday afternoon and cross our fingers for patio weather. Just add pita chips and a cocktail.
3. Makeover. Our closets, that is. L’s closet is jammed with hangers, and J’s bedroom is a maze of laundry piles. Inspired by this article on Lauren Conrad and this post on Cupcakes and Cashmere, we’re going to at least START spring cleaning our closets.
4. Shop. Now that we have some room in our closets, we’re going to reward our superior organization skills with a few spring wardrobe purchases. What? We deserve it! Our picks:
5. Nails. What would our Friday Five be without a new nail color? J’s picking up Essie’s Bikini So Teeny at lunch today.
What are y’all up to this weekend? Tweet us or Instagram us @glitter_blog_xo!
J and I are not shy about sharing our love for BCBGeneration, the lower-priced sister line BCBG Max Azria. Year after year, this brand turns out amazing pieces at fantastic prices (almost everything is under $100). J always falls for the dresses, while L is a fan of the separates. We also love their creative social media site, The Generation Nation. Today we bring you a few highlights from our spring 13 BCBGeneration delivery.
First, our three favorite dresses:
Aren’t those dresses just a breath of fresh air? Now, for the separates.
All images courtesy of bcbgeneration.
We could make an entire wardrobe out of just these ten pieces! What’s your favorite apparel brand? Tweet us at @glitter_blog_xo!
Hi Hi Hi!
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! We definitely have a love/hate relationship with this time change… See how we spent our low-key weekends:
What were y’all up to this weekend? Share your pics with us on Twitter and Instagram @glitter_blog_xo.
Hi, glitter girls! HAPPY FRIDAY!
We’re back from a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas for the MAGIC apparel trade show. We had a blast, but more importantly we scored some seriously great inventory for Social and Dish. We also used our trip to launch The Glitter Life Instagram feed (@glitter_blog_xo). Thank you for all the “likes” and comments on our pics! Now, for the details…
MAGIC by Numbers
Number of hours we were gone: 39
Number of room-to-suite upgrades: 1 (thanks to the awesome staff at the Rumor Boutique Hotel!)
Number of new lines picked up: 7 (more about that later!)
Number of glasses of free champagne consumed: 8 (hey, there are two of us.)
Number of outfit changes in airport or hotel bathrooms: 3
Number of things L left at home: 6 (comb, q-tips, laptop charger, business cards, socks, stapler)
Number of free bracelets scored: 6
Number of times we typed “#roadtomagic” (the official hashtag of the show) into our Twitter and Instagram feeds: 89
Now, for our journey in pics.
Next week we’ll meet some more glitter girls and give you a summer/fall preview for Social and Dish. xoxo
Happy Thursday, glitter girls!
Just finished up Part 1 of the spring photo shoot for Shop Social Dish. We’re pretty psyched about these photos! Our model looked lovely (despite a recent bout with the flu–BEEN THERE), and it cheered us up just to see these bright spring colors. We hope you enjoy this (un-edited) behind-the-scenes look!
We’ll have the finished product up soon on Shop Social Dish. What do you think? What’s your fave spring look?
Special thank to our beautiful model, Brooke Smith, and our (also beautiful) assistants Chelsey Navin and Mekensie Jackson. All styles shown may be ordered by calling 912.681.4008. Select styles are available at www.shopsocialdish.com.