Faux leather skater skirts top our list of fall must-haves. Whether stamped to mimic quilting, punched to lend airiness, or just short, sweet and simple, these skirts will take you from fall through winter and all the way into spring. Pair them with a chambray shirt and flats now; a turtleneck, tights and ankle boots when it gets cooler. When warmer temps roll around, spring-ify them with a sheer printed blouse and ladylike heels.
It’s still quite hot in Georgia, but that hasn’t stopped us from craving fall fashion! Our closets are getting an overhaul this weekend in preparation for cooler temps that are sure to come. Out with the old, in with the new! We’re starting small with accessories while we dig staple pieces out of storage.
What fall fashion pieces are you feeling for 2013? Tweet?Instagram us! @glitter_blog_xo.
Has everyone’s week been as crazy as ours? We have been positively manic preparing to be away from our offices next week. Now that the work day is over, we’re focusing on packing for our trip to Las Vegas on Monday. We are big fans of minimal packing, so we choose our items carefully. Here’s what we’re packing for our short trip.
1. BCBGeneration Faux Leather Skirt. Of course we’re going to Vegas for work…but we do plan to get in a drink or two when we’re done. This skirt is a travel dream – it’s lightweight, will never wrinkle, and absolutely does not show dirt.
2. BCBGeneration Asymmetrical Knit Skirt. Long days at the apparel show make comfort a necessity. This simple knit skirt works with the ankle boots or the flats, and looks great with the slouchy tee (untucked) or the basic tank (tucked in and paired with the wide belt).
3. Rocket Dog Ankle Boots. We will be walking a LOT next week (in fact, we’re going to use the iPhone app Moves to track our steps! Stay tuned.), so comfy shoes are key. These Rocket Dog “Sayla” ankle boots are perfect for the trip; they look cute with skinny jeans, shorts and skirts alike. Pair them with the leather skirt and you can go anywhere in Vegas. [This also gets us out of packing heels! SO BULKY.]
4. BCBGeneration Flowy Top. We love the look of a flowy top and sleek skinny jeans. This top works for day or night, and the pretty lime color adds a nice pop to all these neutrals.
5. Rampage Studded Loafers. Flats are a must – a cinch to pack and easy to walk in. These Rampage “Ludo” gray studded loafers work with the skirt (add the white tank) and the jeans (add the flowy top or the slouchy tee).
skinnies + slouchy tee + loafers = plane ride there / day 1 of the show
knit skirt + tank + wide belt + ankle boots = day 2 of the show
leather skirt + tank + ankle boots = cocktails at the chandelier bar
skinnies + flowy top + ankle boots = plane ride home
These five pieces work together in multiple ways. All you need to add is a few basics: tank(s), v-neck, skinny jeans and a belt. Throw in our swimsuits and coverups, and we’re good to go! All items are available at Social Statesboro and Dish Statesboro.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo this weekend as we prepare for the trip!
We don’t think of ourselves as particularly sporty, but we’re really feeling utility vests right now. This versatile piece can skew casual, dressy, dressy-casual…you name it. Here are our three favorite ways to rock a utility vest.
1. Weekday Casual. Obviously, a utility vest looks great with a cute, simple ensemble.
2.Sophisticated Casual. Add feminine accessories to create a more uptown look.
After a long week, we’re ready to get outside. Pick some apples, look for the perfect Christmas tree, watch some birds…anything. Grab a cup of coffee and take a walk with us.
We love the look of a bright plaid shirt under a cozy faux fur vest, paired with dark skinnies and comfy ankle boots. Don’t forget your lip balm (Dr. Lipp is our fave–thanks, Mom!), aviators and camera to capture some pretty fall snaps.
HAPPY FRIDAY! We’re *super* excited this work-week is coming to an end. Here’s what’s on our weekend agenda:
1. Bloomingdale’s Friends & Family: We love a sale. Now through Monday, October 1, take 20% off almost all regular and sale price purchases at Bloomingdales. Use code FRIENDS12 online (they’re also offering free shipping!). We’re feeling:
2. Nude Nails: As you know, we are ALL about glitzing up our nails. But, sometimes you have to tone it down:
3. DIY: It’s no secret that we’re *huge* fans of Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere. Is it because she shares our love for glitter and beverage trays? Most likely. Weekends are for DIY projects. We love the rustic/sparkly look of this glitter tray. See tutorial here.
4. Ankle Boots: Ditch your heels tonight and slide on a pair of ankle boots. Less punishing than stilettos but just as fun (maybe even more so?).
5. Brunch: L and I have been frequenting Treehouse in Atlanta for years. It’s a hidden gem in Buckhead with the cutest patio and amazing food. My sweet friend Anny is moving to Chicago on Sunday so we will be sending her off with an AMAZING brunch.