Well hello, Friday. We meet again. Time to sort out our weekend plans. Here’s what we’re thinking:
1. Lipstick Love: Update your fall beauty routine with a new lipstick. Add a little sass to your everyday outfit, or some extra glam to a night look:
2. Crazy for Curls: We’re obsessed with perfectly twisted tendrils. Tight curls? Loose curls? Beachy waves? Love. Them. All. Here are our favorite looks:
3. Anna Dello Russo at H&M: The Vogue Japan editor and style icon is debuting her signature over-the-top accessories line at H&M. Here’s a peek:
4. Face Mask: After months of summer stress and workplace stress, L and I are getting our skin in check. A deep cleansing mask is a great way to start. Our suggestions:
5. Relax: By some miracle, L and I are both enjoying relaxing weekends at home with NO PLANS. After we wash off our masks (hello, new skin), we’re going to chill on our patios and enjoy this beautiful fall weather.
It’s Wardrobe Wednesday, glitter girls! J and I (and practically everyone else in the fashion world) have embarked on a passionate love affair with peplum-waist styles. We work it all: tops, skirts and dresses.
It’s October! To kick off L’s birthday month (pretty much the best month of the year), we put together must-buy/must-do list for Halloween. Here’s what we’re feeling:
1. Sophisticated Pumpkins. The cute blog Feeling Lovesome has inspired us to go beyond the standard carved pumpkin (ours never looked that great anyway). We’re totally going to try this chevron pumpkin–we’ll report back later in the month!
2. Skulls. We love them. Halloween just gives us an excuse to love them more than usual.
3. Creepy cocktails. Because let’s face it, we love a fun cocktail. Holiday or not.
4. General Halloween cuteness. Go trad with these orange and black party ideas.
So…spill! Your fave Halloween decorating ideas, costumes, trick or treat goodies, etc. We wanna know.
HAPPY FRIDAY! We’re *super* excited this work-week is coming to an end. Here’s what’s on our weekend agenda:
1. Bloomingdale’s Friends & Family: We love a sale. Now through Monday, October 1, take 20% off almost all regular and sale price purchases at Bloomingdales. Use code FRIENDS12 online (they’re also offering free shipping!). We’re feeling:
2. Nude Nails: As you know, we are ALL about glitzing up our nails. But, sometimes you have to tone it down:
3. DIY: It’s no secret that we’re *huge* fans of Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere. Is it because she shares our love for glitter and beverage trays? Most likely. Weekends are for DIY projects. We love the rustic/sparkly look of this glitter tray. See tutorial here.
4. Ankle Boots: Ditch your heels tonight and slide on a pair of ankle boots. Less punishing than stilettos but just as fun (maybe even more so?).
5. Brunch: L and I have been frequenting Treehouse in Atlanta for years. It’s a hidden gem in Buckhead with the cutest patio and amazing food. My sweet friend Anny is moving to Chicago on Sunday so we will be sending her off with an AMAZING brunch.
It’s Workspace Wednesday, glitter girls. We’re always thinking of ways to improve our office environment. I mean, we practically live at our desks. They shouldn’t depress us…but they kinda do. So here’s our plan.
First, the Inspiration. A glitter girl’s gotta dream, right?
Now, the pieces.
1. Desk. First things first! Several of our inspiration images feature a West Elm Parsons desk. This adaptable style suits almost any aesthetic.
2. Chair. There are lots of cute options…just make sure it’s comfortable.
3. Lamp. Light your space with something pretty, or go for industrial chic with a task lamp. Either way, choose a color, especially if your desk is white.
4. File Cabinet. File cabinets are UGLY. Transform yours with this DIY from Better Homes & Gardens.
Y’all. It has been the longest week ever. Here’s what’s on our agenda for the weekend:
1. Reynolds Plantation: It might officially be fall, but it is still *hot* in Georgia. There’s nothing I love more than a weekend getaway to Lake Oconee. It’s an hour ‘s drive from Atlanta–totally worth it.
2. Fresh Fall Salads: We’re all about whipping up a new salad. Here are some fall recipes that look super delicious (and easy. love that).
3. Tee It Up: This time, we’re not talking golf. Ditch your LBD and opt for a casual t-shirt paired with a fancy skirt this weekend.
4. Matte Nails: As always, we gotta have new nails for the weekend. We were unsure about matte nails at first, but now we’re in love. Check it:
There are few things J and I like more than wine and cheese. Take us to a fancy restaurant, and we will order a cheese plate. We will also grab one at the airport Starbucks. Whether it’s lunch, dinner, apps or a late night snack, a few nibbles of different cheeses and a bottle glass of wine sounds like heaven to us. Here are our tips for creating the perfect cheese plate at home.
1. Include a few different kinds of cheese. The best variety includes something soft, something hard and something strong. Our picks for the plate:
– Brie is our favorite soft-ripened cheese. Slice it and serve cold with a grind or two of sea salt, or let it get really mushy and smear it on a slice of french bread. Check out the Whole Foods Market Brie Guide for ideas.
– Over Brie? Try Sweet Grass Dairy Green Hill. Made in Thomasville, Georgia, this double-cream cheese (sorta like Camembert) will surprise and delight you.
– We also love goat cheese (chevre), a mild, soft cheese that spreads easily. Feeling Pinterest-y? Try this awesome recipe for Cranberry Cinnamon Goat Cheese spread and wow your friends for sure.
Medium to Hard Cheeses
– Try an aged cheddar, Gouda or even a wedge of Parmesan. We like Ewephoria Sheep Milk Gouda (mainly because the name is awesome).
– Flat Creek Lodge Cheddar – Another local fave (hello, farm to table?). This firm cheddar is aged a minimum of six months. It’s smooth, not overpowering…and will make you forget bright orange grocery store cheddar forever. Unless that’s your thing. We’re not haters.
– Parmesan – Grab a wedge of Parmesan and use a cleaver-style knife to break off a hunk or two.
– Bleu cheese is delicious on its own and is the perfect end to your cheese course. You seriously only need like two bites, and you’re done. Cabrales and Point Reyes are two of the best varietals.
2. Include accompaniments like nuts, fruit and baguette slices. This is the beauty of the cheese platter: you can go simple (a sharp cheddar, a creamy brie, some grapes and a few Triscuits) or deluxe (four to six varieties, walnuts, almonds, honey, marmalade, the works).
3. Can’t do cheese without wine. We definitely don’t believe that expensive wine is better (plus, we’re saving for Loubotuins), so we usually end up with something from Trader Joe’s. Check out the Trader Joe’s wine guide, and pour your choice into a cute wineglass.
4. Bust out your cutest serving pieces.When else are you going to use them? We love these:
Gah, now we’re hungry for a cheese plate. What’s your favorite wine and cheese combo?
PS – To make a cheese course lunch, just add a romaine salad tossed with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt and a sliced baguette. Done!
3. Sedu Anti-Frizz Polishing Treatment: Y’all. I use so much heat on my hair it’s out of control. This argan oil keeps my strands from looking dull and frizzy. It absorbs right away and smells fresh. I recommend.
4. Tili Bags: I don’t feel like I can ever have enough small bags. Whether it’s to group small items together in my handbag or keep jewelry detangled while traveling, I can always find a use for one. Lurve these fun prints.
5. WEI To-Go Sleepover Kit: No need to neglect your beauty regimen when you’re traveling. This cleanser leaves your skin glowing and comes in a re-sealable plastic pack. Perfect when you’re jet-setting.
6. Twistband Hair Ties: Let’s face it. By 3:00pm Monday-Friday, I’m looking for a hair tie. These are way cuter than a brown rubber band…AND they don’t cause the dreaded “ponytail crease.”
What was in your September Birchbox? To join click here. TOTALLY worth $10/month.