We had a crazy busy weekend filled with a lot of work and a little play. Follow along with us next time on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo.
We hope you all had a wonderful weekend! J played hostess to her parents and celebrated her cousin’s wedding at the gorgeous Georgian Terrace in Atlanta; L enjoyed a low-key family weekend before traveling to Jekyll Island for a board meeting. In case you missed them on Instagram, here are our fave images from the weekend.
Follow us on Instagram at @glitter_blog_xo. Now, let’s get busy. It’s Monday.Continue Reading
It feels like we just got back from our weekend at Lake Oconee, and it’s already time for another holiday. J is headed back to the lake, and L is excited for a family pool day at home.
Before we check out for 24 hours, we’ll share our pics from the weekend.
Now, let’s talk fashion for tomorrow. Need some last minute red+white+blue inspiration?
We also love this outfit from Social Statesboro.
Check out more of our fave red+white+blue images here. We hope you have a fantastic Fourth of July!Continue Reading
Our friend Kate introduced us to this delicious cocktail during our weekend at the Masters golf tournament in Augusta. It’s a refreshing mix of gin and citrus, and the pretty pink color is about as girlie as you can get. Switch up your usual order with this spring concoction.
Azalea Cocktail served at the Augusta National Golf Course
What You Need:
- 1 part lime or lemon juice
- 1 part canned pineapple juice
- 3 parts gin
- Grenadine (enough to color the drink pink)
What You Do:
Mix in cocktail shaker with ice and shake. Garnish with lemon or lime wedges.
Cell phones aren’t allowed on the course at the Augusta National, so our weekend pic selection is pitiful. We did capture a few moments, though.
We’ve got a great week of posts planned, including an awesome 30-minute meal, a recap of our buying trip in Atlanta, a sweet mother’s day gift DIY. Now, get back to work!
I love anything salty-sweet, and I’ve been obsessed with White Chocolate Snack Mix ever since Glitter Girl Melanie Herrington made it for our very first Easter Egg Hunt two years ago. I made it again this year, so I thought I’d share the recipe. It’s pretty and perfect for a spring party. Snack on it by the bowlful, or place individual portions in clear cello bags and tie with a pretty ribbon for cute favors.
Ingredients (makes 20 1-cup portions)
- 6 cups cereal (Mel recommends a mix of Golden Grahams, Multi Grain Cheerios and Chex)
- 1 12oz. bag mini M&Ms (try to get the pastel kind!)
- 3 cups pretzels (sticks or mini pretzels)
- 1/2 jar dry roasted peanuts
- 1 bag white chocolate chips, melted
Mix dry ingredients together. Pour melted chocolate over mix and stir to coat. Spread mix out on wax paper to dry. TRY NOT TO EAT IT ALL AT ONCE.
Speaking of Easter, we had a great one with family and friends.
How was your weekend? Share you Easter pics with us on Twitter/Instagram! @glitter_blog_xoContinue Reading
Meet our latest glitter girl, Britton Rowe. J’s beautiful cousin (who’s getting married this July EEE!) and L’s former intern at the Georgia State Capitol. Could the world be any smaller?
About Me: I’m a fashion-focused girl working my way through the Star Wars-infested waters of the software development world.
1. What item or accessory do you wear the most? My David Yurman bracelets. No matter the outfit, they work perfectly and I can layer them with other fun accessories.
2. What are your three favorite stores (for ANYTHING, online or bricks and mortar)? 1. Kate Spade for statement investment pieces 2. C.Wonder for on trend basics 3. Etsy for interesting, personalized pieces that no one else has.
3. Fill in the blank. You would die if ____ followed you on Twitter. Kim Kardashian, because let’s be real she doesn’t follow anyone. People just follow her.
4. Your last meal. What is it? This is tough because I really like food, but if I had to choose it would be Rotier’s cheeseburger and french fries. It’s this hole in the wall place in Nashville near where I used to live but it’s rumored to be the cheeseburger Jimmy Buffet wrote ‘Cheeseburger in Paradise’ about…yeah, it’s that good.
5. What’s your guilty pleasure? Reality TV. My fiance can’t stand it, but I just love the drama. It makes me feel like my life is much,much more sane!
L and I can definitely relate to Britton’s favorite accessory. We wear at least one Yurman bracelet everyday. #armparty
About our Glitter Girls: Once a week-ish, we highlight one of our favorite friends/readers/fellow Glitter Girls with a pic and a brief questionnaire. We’ll feature girls who are living in interesting places (from Atlanta to Alaska) and doing interesting things (from stylish stay-at-home moms to corporate ladder-climbers). We hope you enjoy getting to know The Glitter Life community!
In other news:
We’ve got an exciting week of posts planned! Stayed tuned for the perfect spring appetizer (Mango Avocado Shrimp Cups); a make-up bag makeover; and spring’s best denim.Continue Reading
Monday, we meet again.
The weather was beautiful in Georgia this weekend! We hope you enjoyed your two days off as much as we did. L participated in the usual weekend festivities at Locos, had a blast at a James Bond-themed black tie gala, and enjoyed a low-key Sunday night on beautiful Jekyll Island. J had a blast celebrating Jay’s sweet nephews fifth birthday, dove into spring with a bright mani, and enjoyed a cocktail or two around Atlanta. Our pics:
And now, for this week’s glitter girl. Meet Mary Clare, New York City hostess extraordinaire and one our most favorite people ever.
Glitter Girl: Mary Clare Silva
About Me: I’m Southern by the grace of God; a former corporate fashionista; a New York City transplant now living in the mountains of Colorado with my husband; raising my scrumptious 17 month-old daughter and two rascally Cavalier King Charles Spaniel boys; and attempting to balance my life with my work in my company First Chair Creative.
1. What item or accessory do you wear the most? Pearl studs
3. Fill in the blank. You would die if ____ followed you on Twitter. Not sure…Karl Rove?
5. What’s your guilty pleasure? English period piece dramas! Downton Abbey is just the latest in my longstanding obsession.
Hi Hi Hi!
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! We definitely have a love/hate relationship with this time change… See how we spent our low-key weekends:
What were y’all up to this weekend? Share your pics with us on Twitter and Instagram @glitter_blog_xo.
We’re a little late on our weekend wrap-up…we blame a manic, manic Monday. Here’s what we were up to:
J: Had a R&D session with my boss/coworkers on Friday at Chuy’s. Saturday, Jay and I headed to our home away from home, Lake Oconee, for a relaxing evening. Sunday we got in a little golf (even though it was frigid) and enjoyed a cocktail at Fado.
L: Did a little cooking and experimented with up-dos (both will be on the blog this week!), had a mini-photo shoot, enjoyed a date night with Joe, and finished the weekend with a good friend and glass of wine at home.
And now, for this week’s Glitter Girl, Melanie Herrington.
About Melanie: Mel is an artist extraordinaire and stay-at-home mom to three adorable girls. She’s got city-girl tastes but lives in the small town of Dublin, Georgia. We love her style and couldn’t wait to share her with you!
1. What item or accessory do you wear the most?
Etsy is my number one favorite store-if you can call it that. I love that the stores on Etsy are filled with unique finds made by unique artisans. This site brings a hand thrown bowl made by a potter in Oregon directly to my doorstep. I like that! Check out these super finds:
5. What’s your guilty pleasure?