Um, hi? It’s been awhile…we’ve been BUSY (see: Baby Ed and Baby James). We’ve got a few things cooking right now, including a revamp of our website. In the meantime, we’re working on posting more regularly.
Supposedly it’s spring…but it’s f-f-freezing in Georgia this week! Not great for those of us wanting to bust out our new spring stuff. The upside is that we’re getting more wear out of our winter pieces, like these amazing Sorel “Cate the Great” boots (they have a hidden wedge heel – so comfy). View all the outfit details here. Or follow us on Insta and use the Emoticode app (what, you don’t have it already?) to view our outfit details in an easy-to-shop format.
Well, HEY. It’s been a while! Between work, the holidays, babies, *planning* for babies and bingeing on a certain Netflix show, we just haven’t had any free time.
Speaking of free time, this Tuna Tapenade appetizer by Barefoot Contessa comes together quickly and easily, and we bet you have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. Perfect for unexpected company. Or go ahead and eat the whole batch yourself. That may or may not be what happened when we made it.
We were a little hesitant to try this, since we’re not big fans of tuna salad. But this spread is chock full of Kalamata olives, capers and garlic (three of our favorite things)…plus LOTS of lemon juice. Just trust us! Recipe here.
Happy Friday and kick-off to the first three day weekend of the summer! We’re both headed out shortly for some fun in the sun. Today, in honor of L’s trip to Tybee, we’re sharing our beach uniform. [[We’ll share our pool standards in a few weeks when we travel to Lake Oconee for a quick girls’ getaway.]] Wherever you’re going this weekend, we hope you have a safe and stylish Memorial Day.
Can we just say we are READY for the weekend? Rumor has it the weather’s going to be beautiful. J is headed to Lake Oconee; L is ready for some one-on-one time (and a few decorating projects) with Baby Joe. Here are five links we’re loving today!
1. Best Nail Polish Colors for Spring 2015. Weekends are for painting your nails, and this “best of” list will give you plenty of inspiration. In case you’re wondering (and we know you are), at the moment J’s nails are Essie Lilacism and L’s nails are Essie Tart Deco, an old fave that feels fresh right now.
3. Barefoot Workout. If the mention of swimsuit shopping just gave you a panic attack, check out this genius barefoot workout. Sure, you can do it on the beach (maybe awkward)…but also in your backyard, in your living room, etc. We’re both going to do this a few times this weekend.
4. Styling Tricks for Your Home. L and Baby Joe are planning to do some sprucing up around the house this weekend. We loved this list of 11 tricks from Domaine that will make your home look (more) like a magazine.
5. Smores Bites. Our weekends are not complete without a sweet treat. J made these S’mores Bites by the First Year last night to take to the lake. Full disclosure: they did not turn out EXACTLY like the pic…but they sure were tasty. Practice makes perfect, right?
One of the highlights of our trip to MAGIC was our stop at the Amika Braid Bar at BCBGeneration. We just couldn’t resist the offer to get new hair after a long plane ride. And seriously, what’s better than someone playing with your hair? NOTHING.
Super-talented hair and makeup artists Erica Preus and Mireille Bertrand gave us each a new braid. L got a double braid into a fishtail, and J got a sweet little braid and a few curls.
We love the Amika products – especially the nourishing mask – and we highly recommend them. You might have received a sample in your Birchbox! If you didn’t (or even if you did!), comment on this post and you could win a few Amika samples! Good luck!
BONUS: Shop for products at shop.loveamika.com and save 20% off your order when you use the code AMIKASTYLE. Valid through 10.27.3.
GAH, we are ready for fall weather. We saw so many cute fall pieces in Vegas – can’t wait for the temperatures to drop a little so we can start wearing them! Our top five fall trends:
1. Burgundy – Every season has an “it” color, and this fall it’s burgundy. This pretty shade looks great with black, brown, camel and gray. It also works well with other jewel tones like cobalt.
2. Moto Boots – Moto boots are replacing equestrian styles (which we still LOVE, don’t get us wrong) as the preferred footwear for fall. We fell in love with these two boots at Rocket Dog. BTW, we’re going to be seeing a lot this olive/taupe color (middle) this season.
3. Leather – It feels weird to call leather a trend, because classic leather bombers and pencil skirts ALWAYS feel right to us. What’s new this season is leather on unexpected pieces, like on this cream t-shirt and fisherman’s sweater.
4. Sweatshirts – This casual, comfy piece was EVERYWHERE at the show. We saw everything from basic grey numbers to sweatshirts emblazoned with novelty graphics, lace and sequins. You can wear these pieces just about anywhere, but be sure to keep the rest of your outfit polished. Skinny jeans, short boots and a sleek ponytail work perfectly.
5.Midi Lengths – Okay, this trend will take a little getting used to…but we’re kinda loving it. Midi length – somewhere between knee length and maxi length – feels really fresh right now. Still not sure? Check out this midi tutu at BCBGeneration. Eeeek!