Our fall uniform? Slouchy sweater + leggings + ankle boots. Check out our five favorite sweaters from Shop Social Dish.
Use secret code GLITTER to receive 10% off your purchase at Shop Social Dish. Happy shopping, and happy Friday!Continue Reading
GAH, we are ready for fall weather. We saw so many cute fall pieces in Vegas – can’t wait for the temperatures to drop a little so we can start wearing them! Our top five fall trends:
1. Burgundy – Every season has an “it” color, and this fall it’s burgundy. This pretty shade looks great with black, brown, camel and gray. It also works well with other jewel tones like cobalt.
2. Moto Boots – Moto boots are replacing equestrian styles (which we still LOVE, don’t get us wrong) as the preferred footwear for fall. We fell in love with these two boots at Rocket Dog. BTW, we’re going to be seeing a lot this olive/taupe color (middle) this season.
3. Leather – It feels weird to call leather a trend, because classic leather bombers and pencil skirts ALWAYS feel right to us. What’s new this season is leather on unexpected pieces, like on this cream t-shirt and fisherman’s sweater.
4. Sweatshirts – This casual, comfy piece was EVERYWHERE at the show. We saw everything from basic grey numbers to sweatshirts emblazoned with novelty graphics, lace and sequins. You can wear these pieces just about anywhere, but be sure to keep the rest of your outfit polished. Skinny jeans, short boots and a sleek ponytail work perfectly.
5.Midi Lengths – Okay, this trend will take a little getting used to…but we’re kinda loving it. Midi length – somewhere between knee length and maxi length – feels really fresh right now. Still not sure? Check out this midi tutu at BCBGeneration. Eeeek!
YAY for the weekend!Continue Reading
1. Zara: Sandals With Tassels: Make a statement with these boho chic sandals. Pair with a monochrome white on white look for a perfect pop.
2. Stuart Weitzman: Gladiator Sandal: Stuart Weitzman always says he designs shoes simply to make women happy. We say he succeeded with these gladiators!
3. Sam & Libby: Karina Sandal: We love a good Target/Designer collab. Our long time fave Sam Edelman and his wife Libby released this less-expensive line last month. Couldn’t be cuter.
4. Sam Edelman: Yuri Tribal High Heel: Take it up a notch with these fun, flirty sandals! Gotta love a comfortable chunky heel to take you from the office to happy hour.
5. Valentino: Rockstud T-Strap Pump: Obsessed. Literally obsessed. So versatile you can wear them with skinny jeans and a tee or an evening gown.
6. J. Crew: Collection Bow Pump: Nothing says summer like a pair of preppy, nautical heels. Dress them up or down. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
7. Tory Burch: Marlow Loafer: The silhouette of the season is… the smoking slipper! This simply chic flat is a show stopper.
8. Social Boutique Bow Flats: Everyone needs a nude flat in her summer wardrobe. And at $28, you might as well make it TWO pairs. These are *perfect*.
9. J. Crew Mirror Metallic Oxfords: Absolutely dying over this mirror metallic look. The perfect complement to a pair of jean cutoffs and a white v-neck tee.
What shoes are you feeling this summer? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo.Continue Reading
There’s only one thing we love more than shopping, and that’s shopping for a good cause. Last week Stella & Dot stylist Brittany Dransfield approached us and asked for our help with an awesome project. Together we’re teaming up for a special Stella & Dot trunk show to benefit the victims of the heartbreakingly severe tornado destruction in the mid-west. Proceeds from today’s sale will go directly to the American Red Cross, which is working around the clock to help those affected by the tornadoes.
DETAILS: Click here to shop our trunk sale. Making purchases through other Stella & Dot sites won’t count. In order to support Brittany and to support this cause, you need to use our link. The sale will last through Friday, July 5.
GIVEAWAY: Brittany has generously given us a Spirit Bracelet to give away to one of our lucky readers. We love this dainty style! To enter:
BONUS: It pays to shop with Stella & Dot in June. For every $50 you spend this month, you’ll receive 25 Dot Dollars to redeem in July. The fine print: a minimum purchase of $50 on jewelry is required to redeem the points.
Now, on to the trunk show! We’ve picked our five favorite Stella & Dot styles to get you started.
Tragic events that occur far from home can leave us feeling helpless. What can we possibly do that will make a difference? We believe in the good work the Red Cross does, and we believe in Stella & Dot. We sincerely hope you’ll satisfy your summer jewelry cravings by shopping our trunk sale. You’ll feel good about your purchase, we promise.Continue Reading
Copyright © 2017 Brooklyn. All rights reserved.