Happy Wednesday, glitter girls!
We hope you all had a fantastic New Year’s holiday. Here at the Glitter Life, we’re easing back into regular blogging mode after a few weeks of slacking off. Let’s start with an easy recipe from L. This Cranberry Orange Bread meets all our baking criteria: it’s relatively healthy, pretty much fool-proof and wraps up beautifully. File this away for homemade Christmas gifts next year!
Cranberry Orange Bread
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick Heart Smart® mix (I used regular Bisquick)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup skim milk (I used 2%, whatever)
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel (plan on using at least 2 oranges)
- 5 egg whites or 3/4 cup fat-free egg product
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped (put them in a food processor and pulse once or twice–chopping cranberries by hand is TEDIOUS)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons orange juice
Heat oven to 375°F. Generously grease bottom of 9×5-inch loaf pan. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick® mix, granulated sugar, sour cream, oil, milk, orange peel and egg whites until moistened. Stir in cranberries. Pour into pan.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and top crust is deep golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Before serving, stir powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over bread.