One of the best parts of owning a boutique (or two) is discovering and supporting new designers. Our favorite up-and-coming line is Mamie Ruth, designed by Georgia native and Georgia Southern University alum Emily Bargeron. We began carrying Mamie Ruth at Dish back in 2010, and since then the line has exploded on the fashion scene. Mamie is now in over fifty stores in the US! We’re proud that we were one of the first.
We love that Emily has a truly unique point of view: her designs mix tribal prints with retro shapes with free-spirited abandon. For Spring 13, Mamie references Mexico and the Day of the Dead celebration. These blanket shorts epitomize the collection.
Emily visited Dish a few weeks ago to hand-deliver our spring Mamie styles (love this girl!) and spend some time meeting our customers.
Click here for more coverage of the Mamie Ruth event on Bohemian and Bag, an adorable blog written by Colleen McNally (another local talent!).
Since we live near/have lived in Savannah, GA, St. Patrick’s Day is near and dear to our hearts. We won’t be making it down for the big parade on Sunday, so here’s how we’ll be celebrating:
1. Host a party: Don’t feel like venturing out to your local pub? Have your friends over and go green with your food/decor!
2. App: Channel your inner leprechaun with Irish Grilled Cheese Sandwiches from the Food Network.
3. Festive mani: We can’t let the weekend go by without a mani… This holiday sent us on a hunt for the perfect shade of green. Essie came through (as always)!
4. Outfit: Girls. The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend! Time to break out your Springs best. And make sure it’s green. We don’t want you to get pinched…
5. Festival: For those of you in Atlanta this weekend, Fado Irish Pub is the place to be. They’re celebrating St. Pat all weekend long with Bagpipes, Irish fare, and Guinness to your hearts content. Click here for tix/more info.
How are you celebrating St. Patrick’s Day? Tweet/Instagram us pics! @glitter_blog_xo.
J and I are not shy about sharing our love for BCBGeneration, the lower-priced sister line BCBG Max Azria. Year after year, this brand turns out amazing pieces at fantastic prices (almost everything is under $100). J always falls for the dresses, while L is a fan of the separates. We also love their creative social media site, The Generation Nation. Today we bring you a few highlights from our spring 13 BCBGeneration delivery.
First, our three favorite dresses:
Aren’t those dresses just a breath of fresh air? Now, for the separates.
All images courtesy of bcbgeneration.
We could make an entire wardrobe out of just these ten pieces! What’s your favorite apparel brand? Tweet us at @glitter_blog_xo!
It’s finally warming up here in Georgia, and that’s got us thinking about a vacation. Actually, it’s got us thinking about bikinis. L and I are super excited to share our favorite swimsuits from Dish. We picked these out months ago in Vegas and were *beyond* excited when they arrived at the store.
L*Space stole our hearts last year with their fringe bikini tops and beautiful prints. This year, they’ve upped their game with braiding and a super sssssexy reptile print that matches their solids.
Our newest swim line, Malibu Gossip, delivers major style at totally affordable prices. each piece is around $30, and everything mixes-and-matches. Images: Malibu Gossip.
All swimwear and flip-flops are in-stock at Dish. Call 912.871.3989 or email email@example.com to order. We can also help you with fit information and advice!
Need a easy/safe tan before you hop into one of these adorbs bikinis? Answer: Yes. Check out our self tanning tips here.
What will you be wearing to the beach this spring/summer? Share your ensembles with us on Twitter and Instagram @glitter_blog_xo.
Despite the wretched weather in Georgia, or maybe because of it, we can’t stop thinking about spring. This week’s Friday Five is dedicated to all things fresh.
1. Fresh Produce. Spring means fresh produce! Most farmer’s markets will really kick into gear in a few weeks. Drop by your local farmer’s market and scoop whatever looks best to you. Ask questions if you don’t know how to prepare a certain veggie – most vendors are happy to share a recipe or two. Learn how to master your farmer’s market and how to keep your produce fresh with a few tips from Lauren Conrad.
3. EOS Mint Lip Balm. It’s minty. It’s tiny. It’s 95% organic (surely the other 5% won’t hurt us). We’re tossing our bright lipstick and using this natural lip balm this spring.
4. Mint Blazers. It’s no secret that we love a classic blazer. This time of year we start thinking about swapping our favorite navy jacket for a pastel version. Mint flatters every hair color and complexion, and it looks equally great with dark denim and white denim.
We’re working hard and playing hard this weekend. We’ll check back in on Monday!
Wait, you didn’t think we’d leave you for the weekend without a cocktail recipe, did you? That wouldn’t be very Glitter of us. In keeping with today’s theme, swap your usual wine for one of these mint-cucumber-vodka cocktails. Fresh!
These days, eyeglasses are one of the coolest fashion accessories out there. Lucky for me as I’ve been having to wear mine more often! “Geek chic” is in. Whether you’re a daily user or just can’t be bothered to put in your contact lenses for the day (or week!), there are a few fundamentals to getting your eyes to pop under those stylish specs.
Want to find a great deal on designer eyeglasses? GlassesUSA.com offers an amazing selection starting at only $44! Their Virtual Mirror feature makes purchasing new lenses a breeze.
EXCITING NEWS! GlassesUSA.com is offering The Glitter Life readers 15% off + get free shipping on your entire order (orders over $50). Code: FS15. Take 10% off any order of prescription glasses. Code: Blog10. This makes cheap eyeglasses even cheaper and you can’t beat shopping for glasses online…
We’re back from a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas for the MAGIC apparel trade show. We had a blast, but more importantly we scored some seriously great inventory for Social and Dish. We also used our trip to launch The Glitter Life Instagram feed (@glitter_blog_xo). Thank you for all the “likes” and comments on our pics! Now, for the details…