Jay and I attended a beautiful winery wedding at Montaluce Winery in Dahlonega, GA over the weekend. Such a chic venue!Continue Reading
shorts + necklace: dish (call 912.871.3989 to order) // button-down shirt + HOBO bag + dye-ties worn as bracelets: social (call 912.681.7008 to order)
Happy Cinco! We love these Mamie Ruth shorts (the summer collection was inspired by the Mexican Day of the Dead celebration) paired with a simple button-down. Add a HOBO “Zara” cross body bag (your hands will be free to hold a margarita) and pile on bright ribbon bracelets.Continue Reading
Happy Derby Day!
Our take on Kentucky Derby style: a preppy striped dress paired with a pastel statement necklace (although pearls are perfectly appropriate, too), a simple (but huge) hat, and a bright bag (to hold our binoculars and a pair of flats).Continue Reading
There’s a lot to love about the Kentucky Derby, also known as the Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports: the traditions, the horses, the drama, the HATS. We felt strongly that this awesome event deserved its own Friday Five. Read on for our guide to everything Derby.
1. Cocktail. The Derby calls for a classic mint julep, the quintessential Southern cocktail. Learn how to make yours here. And go ahead and invest in some pretty julep cups. You can use them for flower arrangements, pencil cups – all kinds of things, really – later.
2. Appetizer. Ham biscuits are perfect Derby fare, and they’re totally doable – with flair! – on short notice. Buy frozen biscuits and a glazed ham from your favorite grocer; serve with homemade condiments like Blackberry Mustard and Lemon Herb Butter. Easy (and fancy!).
3. Outfit. This is a ladylike event, girls…no skinny jeans (gasp!), no slouchy tees. You need to bring it, even if you’re just watching the race at a friend’s house. Race day essentials include a bag big enough to hold your binoculars AND a pair of flats, pearls, and – duh – a huge hat. Still not sure? Check out Southern Living’s authoritative guide to Derby fashion here.
4. Speak the language. Click here for an informative guide to the new qualification system for the Derby and a list of the likeliest winners on Saturday.
5. Place your bets! Pick the horse with the most awesome name (we loved I’ll Have Another last year – this year we’re betting on Overanalyze) and make a little wager. Then sip on a mint julep and enjoy this American sporting tradition.Continue Reading
We love creating contrast in our outfits, like pairing distressed skinny jeans with a ladylike jacket and bag. Photo credit: Chelsey Navin.Continue Reading
Y’all. The weather lately has been amazing. HELLO, SPRING. We missed you. What better way to kick off the season that with a picnic? Kate Spade just released the most amazing picnic accessories we have ever seen. Scoop
all one of them, whip up some egg salad sandwiches, and head to Chastain Park.
Which of our picks is your fave? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo.
We can’t lie. It’s been a long week. L has been sick, J’s been swamped at work, and the weather down south has been super depressing. So, in true Glitter Girl style, we’re planning a fun and productive weekend to shake these rainy
day WEEK blues. Here’s our plan:
1. Decorate. A little Target-ing always lifts our mood. A few pics of some recent Target finds..
Have you seen the new and improved Threshold for Target collection? This iron wire table is a MUST have.
2. Make. Inspired by J’s recent purchase of a green guacamole bowl (from Target! we can’t stop.), we’re going to whip up this fresh Edamame Guacamole on Saturday afternoon and cross our fingers for patio weather. Just add pita chips and a cocktail.
3. Makeover. Our closets, that is. L’s closet is jammed with hangers, and J’s bedroom is a maze of laundry piles. Inspired by this article on Lauren Conrad and this post on Cupcakes and Cashmere, we’re going to at least START spring cleaning our closets.
4. Shop. Now that we have some room in our closets, we’re going to reward our superior organization skills with a few spring wardrobe purchases. What? We deserve it! Our picks:
5. Nails. What would our Friday Five be without a new nail color? J’s picking up Essie’s Bikini So Teeny at lunch today.
What are y’all up to this weekend? Tweet us or Instagram us @glitter_blog_xo!
Scratch your weekend shopping itch with one (or all!) of our top five spring denim picks. Here we go, from skinny to wide-leg…and one awesome pair of shorts.
1. Level 99 Janice Ultra Skinny Jean in Canyon Rose –
2. Level 99 Liza Skinny Jean in Hale Navy
3. Paige Denim: Verdugo Ankle Skinny Jeans
4. 7 For All Mankind Kaylie Sexy Bootcut in White
5. 7 For All Mankind Roll Short
We hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend! We will report next week on the Lanier Egg Hunt and Easter.Continue Reading