Enjoying a relaxing night at Lake Oconee with Jay, Romeo and his furry cousin Riley!Continue Reading
1. Anthropologie Tasseled Strands Necklace: I’m truly obsessed with this not-so-average bib necklace. And I will admit, it’s already on order. Oops – I couldn’t resist. Mint AND tassels? This adds the perfect pop of color and texture to your favorite summer dress or tank top/shorts combo.
2. BCBGeneration Cutout Bustier Dress: I have several weddings to attend this summer, and I can totally see myself wearing this fun twist on the classic LBD. Pair it with a bright heel and STACKS of bracelets. Call Social Statesboro to purchase and enjoy FREE shipping on your purchase.
3. G.H. Bass & Co. Gwen Loafers: These versatile flats easily take you from day to night. Wear with skinny slacks to work and fun, flirty shorts for happy hour. We all know nude footwear lengthens your legs, ladies.
4. Kate Spade Par For The Course Tote: It’s no secret that I love golf. I grew up going to tournaments and watching my dad and brothers play. Now as I watch Jay play (and dabble a little myself), I really need this tote to accompany me in the cart.
5. Mara Hoffman Luau Bikini: Love at first sight. The color combo and tribal print caught my eye right away, and I’m really feeling the longer, retro-inspired top. It’s so different than the rest of my tops! Time to switch it up.
What is on your wish list this summer? Share with us on Twitter! And stay tuned for L’s “Currently Coveting” list.Continue Reading
top: forever 21 (also seen here) // blazer: j.crew (similar here) // skirt: bcbgeneration (available here) // flats: (available here) // clutch: bcbgeneration (also seen here; call 912.681.4008) // necklace: town & reese (call 912.681.4008) // bracelets: the usual suspects // nails: essie tart deco // photo credit: kristen evans
Anchor a floral-stripes combo with a classic navy blazer and nude flats.Continue Reading
And we scooped a few things for spring/summer, too.
What do you think of our picks for fall/winter 2013? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo! Don’t forget to check out our Pinterest boards here.Continue Reading
Jay and I attended a beautiful winery wedding at Montaluce Winery in Dahlonega, GA over the weekend. Such a chic venue!Continue Reading
shorts + necklace: dish (call 912.871.3989 to order) // button-down shirt + HOBO bag + dye-ties worn as bracelets: social (call 912.681.7008 to order)
Happy Cinco! We love these Mamie Ruth shorts (the summer collection was inspired by the Mexican Day of the Dead celebration) paired with a simple button-down. Add a HOBO “Zara” cross body bag (your hands will be free to hold a margarita) and pile on bright ribbon bracelets.Continue Reading
Happy Derby Day!
Our take on Kentucky Derby style: a preppy striped dress paired with a pastel statement necklace (although pearls are perfectly appropriate, too), a simple (but huge) hat, and a bright bag (to hold our binoculars and a pair of flats).Continue Reading
There’s a lot to love about the Kentucky Derby, also known as the Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports: the traditions, the horses, the drama, the HATS. We felt strongly that this awesome event deserved its own Friday Five. Read on for our guide to everything Derby.
1. Cocktail. The Derby calls for a classic mint julep, the quintessential Southern cocktail. Learn how to make yours here. And go ahead and invest in some pretty julep cups. You can use them for flower arrangements, pencil cups – all kinds of things, really – later.
2. Appetizer. Ham biscuits are perfect Derby fare, and they’re totally doable – with flair! – on short notice. Buy frozen biscuits and a glazed ham from your favorite grocer; serve with homemade condiments like Blackberry Mustard and Lemon Herb Butter. Easy (and fancy!).
3. Outfit. This is a ladylike event, girls…no skinny jeans (gasp!), no slouchy tees. You need to bring it, even if you’re just watching the race at a friend’s house. Race day essentials include a bag big enough to hold your binoculars AND a pair of flats, pearls, and – duh – a huge hat. Still not sure? Check out Southern Living’s authoritative guide to Derby fashion here.
4. Speak the language. Click here for an informative guide to the new qualification system for the Derby and a list of the likeliest winners on Saturday.
5. Place your bets! Pick the horse with the most awesome name (we loved I’ll Have Another last year – this year we’re betting on Overanalyze) and make a little wager. Then sip on a mint julep and enjoy this American sporting tradition.Continue Reading
We love creating contrast in our outfits, like pairing distressed skinny jeans with a ladylike jacket and bag. Photo credit: Chelsey Navin.Continue Reading