Sunshine + coffee. A simple Saturday morning.Continue Reading
Jay and I attended a beautiful winery wedding at Montaluce Winery in Dahlonega, GA over the weekend. Such a chic venue!Continue Reading
shorts + necklace: dish (call 912.871.3989 to order) // button-down shirt + HOBO bag + dye-ties worn as bracelets: social (call 912.681.7008 to order)
Happy Cinco! We love these Mamie Ruth shorts (the summer collection was inspired by the Mexican Day of the Dead celebration) paired with a simple button-down. Add a HOBO “Zara” cross body bag (your hands will be free to hold a margarita) and pile on bright ribbon bracelets.Continue Reading
Happy Derby Day!
Our take on Kentucky Derby style: a preppy striped dress paired with a pastel statement necklace (although pearls are perfectly appropriate, too), a simple (but huge) hat, and a bright bag (to hold our binoculars and a pair of flats).Continue Reading
There’s a lot to love about the Kentucky Derby, also known as the Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports: the traditions, the horses, the drama, the HATS. We felt strongly that this awesome event deserved its own Friday Five. Read on for our guide to everything Derby.
1. Cocktail. The Derby calls for a classic mint julep, the quintessential Southern cocktail. Learn how to make yours here. And go ahead and invest in some pretty julep cups. You can use them for flower arrangements, pencil cups – all kinds of things, really – later.
2. Appetizer. Ham biscuits are perfect Derby fare, and they’re totally doable – with flair! – on short notice. Buy frozen biscuits and a glazed ham from your favorite grocer; serve with homemade condiments like Blackberry Mustard and Lemon Herb Butter. Easy (and fancy!).
3. Outfit. This is a ladylike event, girls…no skinny jeans (gasp!), no slouchy tees. You need to bring it, even if you’re just watching the race at a friend’s house. Race day essentials include a bag big enough to hold your binoculars AND a pair of flats, pearls, and – duh – a huge hat. Still not sure? Check out Southern Living’s authoritative guide to Derby fashion here.
4. Speak the language. Click here for an informative guide to the new qualification system for the Derby and a list of the likeliest winners on Saturday.
5. Place your bets! Pick the horse with the most awesome name (we loved I’ll Have Another last year – this year we’re betting on Overanalyze) and make a little wager. Then sip on a mint julep and enjoy this American sporting tradition.Continue Reading
We love creating contrast in our outfits, like pairing distressed skinny jeans with a ladylike jacket and bag. Photo credit: Chelsey Navin.Continue Reading
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!
Despite the wretched weather in Georgia, or maybe because of it, we can’t stop thinking about spring. This week’s Friday Five is dedicated to all things fresh.
1. Fresh Produce. Spring means fresh produce! Most farmer’s markets will really kick into gear in a few weeks. Drop by your local farmer’s market and scoop whatever looks best to you. Ask questions if you don’t know how to prepare a certain veggie – most vendors are happy to share a recipe or two. Learn how to master your farmer’s market and how to keep your produce fresh with a few tips from Lauren Conrad.
3. EOS Mint Lip Balm. It’s minty. It’s tiny. It’s 95% organic (surely the other 5% won’t hurt us). We’re tossing our bright lipstick and using this natural lip balm this spring.
4. Mint Blazers. It’s no secret that we love a classic blazer. This time of year we start thinking about swapping our favorite navy jacket for a pastel version. Mint flatters every hair color and complexion, and it looks equally great with dark denim and white denim.
5. White Denim. Speaking of white denim, now is the time to buy the perfect white jean. The Kaylie Slim & Sexy Bootcut fit by 7 For All Mankind will carry you through spring and summer. We love the curvy fit and the not-too-big boot.
We’re working hard and playing hard this weekend. We’ll check back in on Monday!
Wait, you didn’t think we’d leave you for the weekend without a cocktail recipe, did you? That wouldn’t be very Glitter of us. In keeping with today’s theme, swap your usual wine for one of these mint-cucumber-vodka cocktails. Fresh!Continue Reading
Happy Monday, glitter girls!
We hope you had a fantastic few days off. We were up to all sorts of things…live music, cooking, spa time, THE OSCARS. Here’s our weekend in pics.
What were yall up to this weekend? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo!