We recently spent a cold, winter day immersed in spring styles at Atlanta Market. Read on for our behind-the-scenes look at S/S 15!Continue Reading
It was just a normal Tuesday…and then our friend Christy, the super talented owner of Colonial House of Flowers, asked Dish to join in on her collaboration with Pottery Barn Weddings. Also in on the fun were our friends (and former Shop Social Dish girls!) Kristin and Anna of Alva & Austrie. What could be more fun? We had to say yes!
We rounded up our favorite model Maggie and headed over to a beautiful home in Statesboro for the shoot. We were amazed at what the girls at Colonial House and A+A had achieved – a welcoming, spring-y bridal shower in the middle of January (complete with hand-lettered banners, flower crowns, and more fresh flowers than we’ve ever seen this time of year). There was a REAL photographer, of course (the adorable and amazing Izzy Hudgins) and we can’t wait to show you those pictures. But until the official post is up, check our behind-the-scenes pics.
We can’t wait to show you the professional pics – stay tuned!
All creative by colonial house of flowers, alva + austrie, and izzy hudgins photography.
Our pics are finally uploaded…and we’re ready to share our favorite images from our MAGIC trip. Overall, the trip was a success (though neither one of us felt 100%). We stuck to our trends list (more on that Friday!), only got on the wrong bus ONCE, and even squeezed in a little R & R before we hopped on the red-eye back to Atlanta.
Get excited for some nail polish inspiration tomorrow, followed by our Top Five Fall Trends on Friday. Happy Hump Day!Continue Reading
We’re super excited to check out the trends for fall (and see a sneak peek of spring, too.). We think we’ll see a LOT of the following this week…
- Novelty sweaters
- Leather details on EVERYTHING (shirt sleeves, pocket trim, etc)
- Heart and star prints
- Burgundy burgundy burgundy
- Studs…they’re back.
What fall trends are you super excited about? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo. And be sure to follow us on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo this week for a real-time look at the show!Continue Reading
Has everyone’s week been as crazy as ours? We have been positively manic preparing to be away from our offices next week. Now that the work day is over, we’re focusing on packing for our trip to Las Vegas on Monday. We are big fans of minimal packing, so we choose our items carefully. Here’s what we’re packing for our short trip.
1. BCBGeneration Faux Leather Skirt. Of course we’re going to Vegas for work…but we do plan to get in a drink or two when we’re done. This skirt is a travel dream – it’s lightweight, will never wrinkle, and absolutely does not show dirt.
2. BCBGeneration Asymmetrical Knit Skirt. Long days at the apparel show make comfort a necessity. This simple knit skirt works with the ankle boots or the flats, and looks great with the slouchy tee (untucked) or the basic tank (tucked in and paired with the wide belt).
3. Rocket Dog Ankle Boots. We will be walking a LOT next week (in fact, we’re going to use the iPhone app Moves to track our steps! Stay tuned.), so comfy shoes are key. These Rocket Dog “Sayla” ankle boots are perfect for the trip; they look cute with skinny jeans, shorts and skirts alike. Pair them with the leather skirt and you can go anywhere in Vegas. [This also gets us out of packing heels! SO BULKY.]
4. BCBGeneration Flowy Top. We love the look of a flowy top and sleek skinny jeans. This top works for day or night, and the pretty lime color adds a nice pop to all these neutrals.
5. Rampage Studded Loafers. Flats are a must – a cinch to pack and easy to walk in. These Rampage “Ludo” gray studded loafers work with the skirt (add the white tank) and the jeans (add the flowy top or the slouchy tee).
- skinnies + slouchy tee + loafers = plane ride there / day 1 of the show
- knit skirt + tank + wide belt + ankle boots = day 2 of the show
- leather skirt + tank + ankle boots = cocktails at the chandelier bar
- skinnies + flowy top + ankle boots = plane ride home
These five pieces work together in multiple ways. All you need to add is a few basics: tank(s), v-neck, skinny jeans and a belt. Throw in our swimsuits and coverups, and we’re good to go! All items are available at Social Statesboro and Dish Statesboro.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo this weekend as we prepare for the trip!Continue Reading
And we scooped a few things for spring/summer, too.
What do you think of our picks for fall/winter 2013? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo! Don’t forget to check out our Pinterest boards here.Continue Reading