Is there anything better than a simple salad made with the freshest ingredients? My mother-in-law made this delicious cucumber and avocado salad on Sunday, and I had to have the recipe. It’s fresh, healthy and colorful – perfect for an outdoor summer meal.
Fresh Cucumber Salad via Summer Cottage magazine
What You Need:
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 English cucumbers, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) package heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup olive oil (I think you can get away with less)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- garnish: fresh torn herbs
What You Do:
- Peel, core and dice avocados. In a large bowl, combine diced avocado and lemon juice. Toss gently. Add cucumbers and tomatoes. Gently stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar until smooth. Add herbs, salt and pepper, whisking until combined. Pour over cucumber mixture, stirring gently to combine. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
PS – And how good does that grilled corn look? We’ll have that recipe for you later this week!