Weekends are the perfect time to break out of your rut and try something new. Read on for our suggestions for a fabulous summer weekend, starting now!
1. Make a Golden Girl Cocktail. We love, love love trying new cocktails…especially when they’re easy to make. And ESPECIALLY when they’re named after one of the most fantastic sitcoms of all time. Click here for the recipe.
2. Have Dinner Somewhere New. J and Jay dined at at Atlanta hotspot The Optimist for the first time last week and absolutely loved it. Their menu changes daily, and if you’re lucky enough to dine there when bank scallops are an option, DO IT. You’ll be glad you did.
3. Try a Waterfall Braid. We’ve been dying to try a waterfall braid, but um…it doesn’t look easy.
We’re going to attempt it though, using this helpful video tutorial from Hair and Makeup By Steph.
4. Bring on the Bling. We love the idea of a simple white dress paired with amazing statement earrings for the weekend. These Kate Spade beauties fit the bill.
5. Style Your Coffee Table. The weekend is the perfect time to tackle one area of your home and re-style it. If you’re like us, you’re more creative on the weekends, and you have time to run out and scoop some new accessories if you need them. Plus, tackling one area at a time keeps us from getting overwhelmed. So dust off your table and clear away the junk (and the remotes). Add some pretty books (check out Lauren Conrad’s list of favorite coffee table books here), a scented candle, and a few of your favorite random objects. We also love these inspiring links: the every girl, cupcakes and cashmere, and house beautiful. Re-styling this oft-neglected area can really change the feel of your home.
Send us your weekend pics (or videos!) on Twitter and Instagram at @glitter_blog_xo.