If you missed it this weekend, L was featured on the awesome blog Sophisticated in Style on Saturday. Check out the interview here. It’s an interesting look (if we do say so ourselves) into our blog, her stores Social and Dish, and our working relationship. Hope you enjoy!
And because no weekend is complete without a homemade appetizer, we want to share Kalamata-Basil Spread with you. This delicious vegetarian appetizer was forwarded to us by L’s mom. We’ll be honest – when we first read the recipe, we weren’t sure about the flavors. But O-M-G. This was so good – the feta and olives give the spread just the right level of saltiness, and the fresh basil (use a LOT – we did) makes it bright. Plus, it’s easy, easy, easy. This is our new go-to.
What You Need:
- 8 oz block 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 15 Kalamata olives, chopped (or half a 6 oz jar sliced Kalamata olives, chopped)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh basil
What You Do:
- Combine softened cream cheese and feta cheese. You can do this with a spoon, or with a hand mixer.
- Fold in olives.
- Roughly chop basil with scissors and fold into mixture.
- Spread over toasted baguette slices. and garnish with more chopped basil if desired.
Did you try a new appetizer this weekend? Tweet or Instagram us @glitter_blog_xo!