We were super psyched when Katie over at Confessions of a Southern Fashionista nominated us for a Leibster Award. Thanks, Katie! We love your blog, too. As a nominee, we had to answer eleven questions from Katie, nominate eleven other bloggers, and post eleven questions for them to answer. Whew!
First, our answers.
1. Who’s your favorite fashion designer?
J and I both agree on this one: Tory Burch. Sure we love her clothes – they’re the perfect mix of preppy and boho – but we also admire her charity work and her mentoring of women entrepreneurs.
2. What’s your favorite color?
3. Gold or Silver?
Glitter. Fine, gold.
4. If you won the lottery would you spend the money, save it, or both?
We would invest in a plane (a small one, okay?) so that we could work together in person (rather than over g-chat) more than once a month.
5. If you had to live in any other decade, which would it be and why? We’re thinking the 70s. Yacht rock, Studio 54, Halston…you feel us?
6. Who’s your fashion icon?
The term “icon” may not apply here, but we really admire Lauren Conrad. her style is girly without being Taylor Swift-y, always appropriate and just plain pretty. We have a girl crush.
7. What’s your favorite hobby?
Our favorite hobby is also our job – buying for, marketing for and growing our stores Social and Dish. Do what you love and you will never work another day in your life! Painting our nails is a close, CLOSE second.
8. If money was no object, where would you travel in the world?
We’d hop on the PGA tour circuit and watch our friends at Chase 54 take over the world of golf apparel.
9. iPhone, Droid, or Blackberry?
10. If you could only live in one city for the rest of your life, would it be NYC, Paris, or Milan?
Call us crazy, but we love where we live! We’re Georgia girls through and through. We wouldn’t refuse invites to visit any of these cities though…so keep us in mind.
11. Which show inspires your fashion choices more, SATC or GG?
Eh, neither. For fashion inspiration, we love period shows like Downton Abbey (10s/20s) and Mad Men (50s/60s). The new FX drama The Americans (80s) is our new favorite – we spotted a pair of Guess jeans last week! We wouldn’t necessarily wear these looks, but we love the retro referencing.
Now, our nominations. We love all of these blogs, so check em out if you have time!
1. Amanda at Carefree Blonde
2. Kelly at Austen Hill
3. Gerdie at Love Gerdie
4. Jenna at A Girl in TOMS and Pearls
5. Rachel at Front Row Seat
6. Katie at Woman in a Mans World
7. Catalyn at Confessions of a Northern Belle
8. Kenya at Life with Giggles
9. Christina at Virginia Belle
10. Kristyn at Chits and Giggles
11. Katie at Confessions of a Southern Fashionista (we can nominate you again, right?)
And finally, our questions.
1. Whose writing inspires you most?
2. What’s your favorite sushi roll?
3. Cupcakes or cookies?
4. Breakfast at Tiffany’s or Roman Holiday?
5. Los Angeles in the 40s or New York City in the 60s? We’re talking decades, not temperatures.
6. What is your go-to nail polish shade?
7. If you could own one lipstick, what would it be?
8. Your house is on fire and you can only save one item in your closet. WHICH ONE?
9. Kim, Kourtney or Khloe?
10. Cheese plate or dessert?
11. You can only order one cocktail for the rest of your life. WHAT IS IT?
Take a peek at our nominations and discover a new blog today!