Wait, is there a football game on Sunday?
Girls, we can’t lie. We are BUMMED that our beloved Atlanta Falcons won’t be taking the field on Sunday. We do love a party though, so we’re making the most of it and planning to take part in the Super Bowl festivities anyway. Whether you’re invited to a party or hosting your own, today’s Friday Five is here to inspire you.
1. Classic Appetizers. If you’re a guest, show up in a party mood and bring an appetizer. We love apps that introduce new twists on old favorites. Here are our picks:
2. Sliders. If you’re the host, ask guests to bring appetizers while you take responsibility for the main course. Chili is a Super Bowl party staple, but why don’t you get creative and serve sliders? They’re a little more work, but they’re cute, easy to grab, and don’t require silverware. Buzzfeed lists thirty slider recipes (some ridiculous, most delicious). Enlist a friend or two to help you assemble them.
3. Drinks. Goodness knows J loves a theme party. Check out these football-inspired beverage ideas. Cheesy? Yes. Fun? ABSOLUTELY.
4. Drinking Game. Timeouts. Commercials. Half time. The Super Bowl just lends itself to drinking games, right? Check out these (hilarious) suggestions from nerdscholar.
5. Dress Code. No wardrobe malfunctions this year, ladies. Ditch the jersey and show your team spirit with a fun pair of colored denim!
L’s making cheese twists for a Super Bowl party Sunday night, and J will be watching the game at a local watering hole. What do you have going on for the Super Bowl? Tweet us your party pics @glitter_blog_xo.
PS: Don’t forget to enter our Shabby Apple Giveaway!