Happy Wednesday, glitter girls!
Inspired by this recipe on Lauren Conrad, and emboldened by a hand-me-down blender from my mother, I decided to give smoothies a try. I mean, why not? Our immune systems are struggling this time of year, and we’re in the mood for a boost. After some experimenting, I came up with a healthy recipe that is actually pretty delicious.
- 1 cup raw kale, chopped (you can find this bagged up at any grocery store, even Wal-Mart)
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mango (you can use fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed (you could also use chia seeds)
- 1 quarter lemon, squeezed
- three handfuls of crushed ice (or more, if you like a thinner smoothie)
Pulse all ingredients together until you reach the desired consistency. Done!
This took like two seconds to make. It would come together even more quickly if you chopped and froze your banana and mango in individual portions the night before. Then, in the morning rush, all you have to do it toss, pulse, and pour the smoothie in your favorite travel cup and leave the blender for someone else to wash.
Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe? What’s your go-to healthy drink? Tweet us at @glitter_blog_xo!