Alright, glitter girls…the countdown has begun. Is your route planned out? Coupons and secret codes at the ready? Shopping list in hand?
Great! Sounds like you’re ready for Black Friday. Make sure you’re fueled for the most important shopping day of the year with these easy, make-ahead energy bars from Quick Dish.
- 1 packet Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter OR coconut oil, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried golden raisins
- 1 cup cinnamon chips OR white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, butter or oil, egg, and water. Mix together until a thick dough forms.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the cinnamon chips). Mix well.
- Press the dough into an 9×11″ pan which has been generously greased and floured. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the cookies are completely baked through and the edges are deep golden brown.
- Cool completely before turning the pan out onto a clean wooden cutting board. Slice all the edges off with a sharp knife, then cut the remaining pieces into 9-12 large rectangles.
- Place the melted cinnamon or white chocolate chips into a zip-top baggie. Snip the corner from the bag, then pipe a drizzle of the melted chips over the top of each rectangle. Allow to harden before storing.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Eat on the go for extra energy and enjoy!
Bring your A game this Black Friday.
J + L
PS – The rest of the shopping world won’t know this until tomorrow…but you can use the secret code BLACKFRIDAY to take 25% off any order (plus free shipping for any orders over $75) on Shop Social Dish, today through Sunday. The first ten online orders will also receive a super-cute FREEBIE!